POSITION: Office Manager Training Coordinator
LOCATION: Great Hearts Cicero Home Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Systems
EEO Classification: Administrative Support
FLSA STATUS Hourly/Non-Exempt, Part-time ($20 - $25/Hour)
The Office Manager Training Coordinator role will act as the main point of contact for training and support needs involving all newly hired Office Managers. This role will develop materials and assist with standardizing and training new office personnel. The role will work closely with the Director of Business Support to create internal development (OM College) to ensure a smooth transition if the need arises for a new Office Manager at an academy. The Office Manager Training Coordinator position offers an exceptional opportunity to lead and contribute meaningfully to a unique organization which is changing K-12 education in this country. While experience in education is preferred in this role, Great Hearts is seeking people who are passionate and committed to K-12 education reform.
Duties & Responsibilities
Onboarding & Interim Support
- Create and implement onboarding plans and materials for newly hired Office Managers
- Support new Office Managers by physically being on-site at the academy for a specific number of weeks to perform training efficiently and thoroughly
- Perform in the role of Interim Office Manager, should a vacancy suddenly occur and until position is filled
- Participate in projects as needed, either at various academies or within the Operations department
Training & Development
- Contribute to the training and support of Office Managers such as, developing training guides, outlining duties and expectations, and identifying critical calendar dates
- Assist with internal development (OM College) pertaining to the Office Manager role by, coordinating and conducting specific trainings with existing employees interested in pursuing an Office Manager role within Great Hearts
Internal Customer Service & Communication
- Act as point of contact for Office Managers by helping with questions related to specific tasks or troubleshooting in areas such as, generating reports from the student information system
- Provide ongoing feedback and evaluation on performance of Office Managers to Director of Business Support and Sr. VP of Operations.
- Assist in planning and executing the monthly Office Manager meetings, centralized trainings, as well as helping to facilitate meetings
- Conduct regular academy site visits to remain connected and engaged with Office Managers and to ensure compliance standards are being met and academies are prepared for audits (reviewing files, training on processes, and providing feedback)
Additional duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
Experience (preferred): Prior experience working in a school front office setting and budget management
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain training plans and materials
- Possess strong teaching and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build positive and effective relationships with peers and other departments
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PowerSchool
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- Self-starter with an ownership attitude and a strong sense of drive and urgency to meet established goals
- Possess good training and leadership skills while motivating others to achieve desired results
Personal Qualities and Values
We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. The candidate should enjoy being a team player. A vibrant shared services center, and the competitive aspiration, well-being, and camaraderie of our employees, is an essential complement to our academic communities.
The nine core virtues that we seek to model and instill in our students are:
- Responsibility. We accept obligations and we act on those obligations in a manner suitable to their timely and satisfactory fulfillment. We are willingly accountable for what we do and say, and we seek to learn from our mistakes.
- Perseverance and Courage. We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary.
- Integrity and Honesty. We are individuals of strong ethical values, who make consistently good choices in keeping with our knowledge of right and wrong. We are always truthful in what we say and do, regardless of the circumstances or consequences.
- Citizenship and Humility. We give of our time and abilities to serve others. We uphold liberty and social equality through respect for individual differences and always strive to do our best whether we are recognized or not.
- Friendship. We regard others and ourselves as deserving of kind and just treatment. Our conduct is considerate and polite. We look for the good in others and demonstrate compassion. Our attitudes toward others reflect the way we wish to be treated.
- Wisdom. We learn from our mistakes and think before we act. We look to each other and our past successes for guidance on making good choices.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP fingerprint clearance card.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
Travel required: Will need to travel locally to the various academies within the Phoenix metro area.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.