POSITION: Teacher Resource Portal Content Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Great Hearts America Curriculum and PD Teams
LOCATION: Great Hearts America, Phoenix, Arizona (may work remotely)
REPORTS TO: VP of Professional Development or VP of Curriculum
FLSA STATUS: Salaried
Duties and Responsibilities
The TRP Content Specialist is a one-year position (July 1 – June 30) and is responsible for designing and producing all Teacher Resource Portal materials (curriculum and PD) related to a course or courses in the Great Hearts curriculum. Most Authors/Specialists will be assigned to 2-4 related courses (e.g. Grades 11-12 Mathematics or Grades K-3 Music).
- Produce curricular materials for assigned course(s)
- Utilize current national documents and templates
- Produce Course Overview, Unit Overviews, Lesson Outlines
- Produce all needed assessments and supplemental course materials as needed
- Incorporate state standards for all Great Hearts regions
- Incorporate stellar lesson plans and feedback from various schools
- Produce professional development online teacher-learning modules
- Utilize national curriculum and PD templates
- Produce all required videos, reading material, and interactive content
- Travel to schools as needed to capture best practices
- Design a logical sequence of topics that cover overview information, units on major pedagogical practices, and curriculum unit walk-throughs
- Lead feedback sessions on produced materials and implement changes as needed
- Edit and format all documents, videos, and other materials
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths
- At least 1 full year work experience with Great Hearts
- Willingness to base all work on national model of curriculum
- Ability and willingness to review and incorporate standards alignment for all GH regions
- Ability to incorporate multiple sources of input while maintain course integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and manage workload
- Willingness to be on camera and provided recorded class as a model
- Ability to learn online instructional design and relevant technical tools with support and guidance
- Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card.
- Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.