POSITION: Systems Analyst
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Full-time, benefits-eligible, immediate opening)
SALARY RANGE: $55,000-$65,000 (Annually)
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit charter management organization (CMO) that operates classical preparatory K-12 public charter schools. Our academies cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. We currently serve over 20,000 students in Texas and Arizona and are dedicated to providing additional communities with the Great Hearts liberal arts model of public education and, in the process, aim to restore excellence to American public education. We proudly prepare students for success at the best colleges and universities in the nation, but see our larger purpose as producing great hearted graduates that are prepared to be intellectual, moral and engaged citizens.
Great Hearts Texas currently serves over 6,700 students at ten schools in Texas but will grow to serve thousands more. As the network scales, offers this opportunity to more families, and produces a critical mass of great hearted graduates we will also serve as a catalyst for reforming public education in Texas. Additional information can be found at http://greatheartsamerica.org
The Systems Analyst is responsible for conducting complex technical analysis, ensuring technology solutions are aligned with business objectives and assessing the impact of this technology on the organization carefully planning in order to maximize its utilization and effectiveness. This includes identifying user requirements, evaluating software and technical alternatives, making recommendations, planning and implementing these solutions. Additionally, the Systems Analyst will select and manage vendors who are able to provide high quality, cost effective technical solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is a unique combination of System Analysis, Vendor Management, Project Planning and Change Management where Relationship Management is key to both the individual and IT team’s success within the dynamic and growing network of Great Hearts Academies its schools and administrative offices. The right candidate for this position will be results orientated, with strong technical skills, the capacity to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively.
- Evaluate the ongoing computing environment and recommend enhancements, assessing new technologies and software for potential value.
- Analyze business needs where technical solutions could provide organizational efficiency and document the requirements working in collaboration with various functional leaders.
- Manage the design, development and implementation of technical solutions, following change management best practices for successful integration of new and changed systems into the organization.
- Develop and maintain technology policies and procedures.
- Work with and manage third party vendors, including the evaluation of proposals, TAMS schedules, quotes and invoice validation
- Deliver analysis, implement strategic solutions in a rapid execution and results orientated environment
- Partner with the Director of Information Technology to develop continuous improvement IT practices and processes so that the IT team is viewed as an enabler for Great Hearts schools and administrative offices to function more efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the department’s support vendors and provide hands-on troubleshooting support during peak periods of time assisting the support vendor with high profile users.
- Manage technical and software provider relationships and the configuration of third-party vendor solutions.
- Plan, procure, and distribute end-user hardware, software, and online systems which support the district’s instructional, administrative, and operational goals
- Assure technology/network tasks are appropriately prioritized and scheduled to minimize conflict with the instructional day and the school calendar.
- Assist in and be extensively involved in all short-term and long-term planning including scheduling, budgeting, and cost/benefit analysis
- Develop plans for replacement, maintenance, and ongoing support of all hardware and software
- Provide oversight, coordination, and operation management of district-wide technical support of computer systems, networks, and related equipment
- Manage the IT budget including leading the technology forecasting in each department and district level needs
- Maintain records of all invoices and transactions related to purchases and distribution of technology.
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
The Systems Analyst position offers an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally and contribute meaningfully to a unique organization which is changing K-12 education in this country. While experience in education is not a requirement, Great Hearts is seeking people who are passionate and committed to K-12 education reform. Similarly, experience working within a high-growth, geographically-dispersed, multi-unit operating environment is also a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Achievement-oriented, great deal of stamina to work hard and take great satisfaction from being productive
- Demonstrated professionalism and responsible enough to take ownership of projects
- Creative problem solving skills with ability to evaluate all factors that might affect a situation
- Ability to organize work and data, but also possesses the flexibility that complements this ability in order to figure out how all resources can be arranged for maximum productivity
- Strong working knowledge of, including preferred experience in the following:
- Consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
- Project management including setting high goals and accomplishing them with little to no oversight
- Designing and / or reviewing technical and application infrastructure (including LAN, wireless and Server technology)
- Managing vendor relationships and exercising strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in Information Technology, functioning in a team environment and managing people and complex projects, preferably including education-related industry and/or multi-unit service operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science degree or equivalent experience
Personal Qualities and Values
As a member of the Great Hearts IT team, we value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. Members of this team should enjoy being a team player. A vibrant shared services center, and the competitive aspiration, well-being, and camaraderie of this team, is an essential complement to the Great Hearts academic community.
The core virtues that we seek to model and instill in our students should also be reflected by members of the Great Hearts administrative offices, including members of the Great Hearts IT team:
- Responsibility. We accept obligations and we act on those obligations in a manner suitable to their timely and satisfactory fulfillment. We are willingly accountable for what we do and say, and we seek to learn from our mistakes.
- Perseverance and Courage. We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary
- Integrity and Honesty. We are individuals of strong ethical values, who make consistently good choices in keeping with our knowledge of right and wrong. We are always truthful in what we say and do, regardless of the circumstances or consequences.
- Citizenship and Humility. We give of our time and abilities to serve others. We uphold liberty and social equality through respect for individual differences and always strive to do our best whether we are recognized or not.
- Friendship. We regard others and ourselves as deserving of kind and just treatment. Our conduct is considerate and polite. We look for the good in others and demonstrate compassion. Our attitudes toward others reflect the way we wish to be treated.
- Wisdom. We learn from our mistakes and think before we act. We look to each other and our past successes for guidance on making good choices.
Great Hearts offers a very competitive benefits package and overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience and education.
Candidates must apply using our online application, accessible via our website www.greatheartsamerica.org – Click on "CAREERS" and then "Open Positions" (“ANY”) to view job descriptions/openings and submit application materials including your resume. For general information/questions regarding the application or hiring process please contact: email@example.com
Great Hearts Texas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.