School Counselor/Social Worker
Location: Multiple AZ School Locations
Classification: Full and Part-time positions available
General Education Support
· Providing re-occurring direct and group school-based counseling to general education students returning and newly identified through a referral process. As the counseling is school-based it is limited in scope and duration.
· Responding to and providing limited-scope direct and group crisis counseling to students and staff in an emergency situation.
· On an on-call basis, responding to students experiencing active suicidal and/or homicidal ideation and threats and acute psychosis. Collaborating with families, academy administration and staff to develop a plan in response to student’s’ needs and psychiatric presentation to ensure safety for involved individuals.
· Consulting with families, Great Hearts and Academy administrative staff in assessing threat and risk to self and others.
· Providing students, families and staff referral information for local and community agencies where continued and long term support may be obtained.
Special Education Support
· Providing direct personal and group counseling and consultative services to students with IEPs in the school environment, assisting general education staff in the implementation of behavioral accommodations and behavior plans.
· Developing a schedule for the planned counseling sessions for each of the assigned schools. These schools will be mainly located in the west valley, and perhaps in the north part of town.
· Ongoing communication and collaboration with parents, staff, and administrative staff regarding student planning and progress.
· Attending applicable IEP and special education evaluation meetings and completing relevant portions of the special education paperwork and quarterly progress reports.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates will need to have a current AZ fingerprint clearance card and a Master’s in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, educational psychology, school psychology, social work, or marriage and family therapy OR the equivalent. Also need to have licensure (LMSW, LCSW, MFT, LAC, LPC OR the equivalent).
Desired Qualifications: Ideally, candidates will have experience in crisis counseling, safety/threat assessment, and school-based counseling. Specialized training and experience in working with students with disabilities is also ideal.
Contact Ms. Lauren Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to express interest.