Journeyman Mechanic: Everett $5000 Bonus
Journeyman Mechanic: Everett Location
Cedar Grove Composting is currently seeking a reliable Journeyman Mechanic to join our outstanding fleet maintenance team. This position trouble shoots and maintains a diverse range of equipment including, trucks, trailers and some heavy equipment.
Work schedule will be swing shift 8 hours per day Monday through Friday, 8 to 10 with occasional weekends required. Cedar Grove offers competitive wages, shift differential pay, tool allowance, benefits and paid vacations. This is a non-Union position. Mechanics must possess the required tools to perform the applicable job assignment.
What We Offer
Sign on/Retention Bonus: $5,000 total, $1000 @ 60 days, $2000 @ 6 months, $2000 @ 12 months
· $0.25/hr. tool allowance
· $0.60/hr. swing shift differential pay
· Paid Vacation and Sick leave
· Health, Dental, Rx, and Vision Insurance
· 401(k) plan with up to 4% match
Why Cedar Grove?
Cedar Grove is an industry – leading environmental solutions company that harnesses the vitality of organic material by recycling it into innovative products. In doing so, we energize cities, businesses and citizens to be a force for good by coming full circle with their organic waste.
Using nature as our guide and proven technology, we’re responsible for transforming waste materials into inventive products that benefit our community. We divert supposed “waste” that would otherwise be mixed in with trash and shipped to landfills and transform them into clean, nutrient-rich products.
· Perform routine maintenance and repair on truck/trailers, collection vehicles and off-road machinery.
· Diagnose equipment problems and perform corrective repairs.
· Complete accurate work orders showing labor and materials used to perform each job.
· Remain current with industry standards.
· Maintain cleanliness of shop and work area.
· Personal safety and shop safety.
· Assist in other duties as assigned by the manager.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
· Diverse mechanical aptitude including diesel, gas truck and equipment repair.
· Prefer 3-4 years of mechanic experience and/or attendance in a mechanic program.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Computer skills a plus.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be able to stand, stretch, and bend for an 8 hour day.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces. (i.e. under trucks) or in strenuous positions.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Cedar Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc.'s offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces. Cedar Grove Composting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired. All active employees are subject to random drug testing.