HIRING BONUS: $5000
Employee will receive a $1500 bonus after the 500 hour probationary period has been fulfilled. Employee will receive $2000 bonus after 12 months of hire. Final hiring bonus of $1500 after completion of 18 months.
Operate safely and efficiently a Class B Refuse Truck, rear or front load, and other equipment as needed, driving a set route daily. Driver services customer recycle containers in the greater Seattle, Everett and Tacoma areas.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Local Family Run Business
- Chance to make a positive impact on the environment every day
- Be part of a growing innovative company
- Employee Referral Program
- Local and home every day
- Hiring bonus after 500 hour probation, 12 months, and 18 months
- 10 Holidays per year
- Sick pay
- Vacation Pay
- Medical/Dental/Pension Benefits provided by Local 174 Teamsters
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Perform pre-trip inspections and complete log before operating vehicles.
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently while driving a set route on a daily basis in all seasons and all weather conditions
- Interact with customers and public in a professional, courteous manner
- Emptying customer containers (recycling services)
- Delivery of recyclable materials to the facility for processing
- Maintaining daily customer billing computer or paperwork
- Maintaining the containers and make replacement recommendations
- Visually evaluating container content for contamination
- Reporting contaminated containers to office staff
- Checking each account for %, how full (the container is) for sales
- This is a full-time position that may require covering various routes. The shift hours and days may vary every few weeks with two weeks’ notice to employee. This position will require you to work routes that may include Saturday and/or Sunday at times
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable, self-motivated and ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work with public in professional manner
- Basic knowledge of computer aided routing systems
- Experience driving 10,13,& 18 speed a plus
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Clean CDL Class A or B
- Valid DOT Medical card
- To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit, stand, walk, and climb in and out of trucks, up to 8+ hours per day. Answer and talk on telephone, email on occasion and work with computer system. Drive Class B equipment safely! Daily lift and carry objects up to 60 pounds and roll heavy wheeled containers to and from the truck. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Cedar Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc.'s offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces. Cedar Grove Composting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired. All active employees are subject to random drug testing.