Driver Class B Roll Off Driver $2500 Bonus
Employee will receive a $1000 bonus after the 500 hour probationary period has been fulfilled. Employee will also be eligible to receive an additional $1500 bonus at 12 months of hire.
Required at Time of Interview: Current copy of your Driver's Abstract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Must have experience with chain or cable operated roll-off refuse trucks.
- Operating Class B equipment safely and efficiently while driving a set route on a daily basis in all seasons and all weather conditions.
- Ensure all assigned work is completed.
- Perform pre-trip inspections and complete log before operating vehicle.
- Interact with customers and public in a professional, courteous manner.
- Emptying customer containers and bins (recycling, including food waste).
- Delivery waste to the facility for processing as needed.
- Maintaining daily customer billing paperwork.
- Maintaining the containers and bins and make replacement recommendations.
- Checking each account for %, how full (the container is) for sales.
- Professional phone etiquette and strong customer services skills.
- Other duties as required
- Experience in the solid waste industry.
- WA State CDL B and clean driving record.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, self motivated and ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work with public in professional manner.
- Flexible work schedule due to seasonal demands.
- CDL “B” Class
- DOT Medical card
- Understand and follow all OSHA/WISHA requirements including wearing PPE: vests/gloves.
- Utilize proper lifting techniques and bars.
- Lifting and moving heavy dumpsters.
- Familiarity with local area preferred.
This is a full time relief position that covers various routes. The shift hours and days vary every few weeks with two weeks’ notice to employee. This position will require you to work routes that may include Saturday and/or Sunday.
All medical, dental, vision, and pension benefits are available through Teamsters Local 174 providers. Company provides holiday, vacation, sick, bereavement, military and jury duty leave compensation.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc.'s offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired. All active employees
are subject to random drug testing.