Po`okela Solutions, LLC has a need for a COVID Nurse Analyst/Abstractor to provide COVID Registry support to the Joint Trauma System Center of Excellence (JTS COE) out of San Antonio, TX. This position is remote but candidates must be located in San Antonio (preferred) or the state of Texas.
- Review source data from handwritten medical records as well as electronic sources such as Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (ALTHA), CarePoint, Critical Care Air Transport Team (CCATT) records, ESSENTRIS, Genesis, Joint Legacy Viewer (JLV), Patient Movement Records (PMR), Tactical Combat Casualty Cards (TC3), Theater Data Medical Store (TMDS), Web Interface Scanned Patient Records (WISPR) and other source data as provided by the Government.
- Enter information into the Department of Defense Trauma Registry (DoDTR) and/or the integrated clinical modules of the DoDTR.
- Collect comprehensive, accurate data relating to infectious disease patients by abstracting all trajectories of care.
- Verify and update all information compiled, and enter data into the application in a timely manner.
- Code injuries, procedures, and causes of injuries using standard medical record references, specifically International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Ninth and Tenth Revision (9/10) codes, assign diagnoses Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and ICD-9/10-CM (Clinical Modification) codes, ICD-10-PCS and CPT codes, and complete Injury Severity Scale (ISS) and other calculations.
- Correct audited inaccuracies within utilizing the government provided abstracting business rules.
- Complete abstraction time and medical record documentation in Joint Trauma System Manager (JTSM) daily.
- Serve as an infectious disease, pandemic, and clinical subject matter expert to non-clinical personnel and assist with periodic and ad hoc training activities for DoDTR users.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ICU Background is highly desired.
- Experience working with medically sick patients is desired.
- Military background is helpful but not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience in caring for infectious disease patients in the emergency department, intensive care unit or in a deployed environment.
- Must be familiar with basic computer skills, such as utilizing Microsoft office products.
- Must be a BSN prepared registered nurse, with an active nursing license in one of the fifty states.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must obtain a favorable background investigation.
Po`okela Solutions is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com