The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a potential need for a STEM Program Administrative Coordinator to support our government customer located at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
This position has the opportunity to be a Hybrid position with a portion of Remote/Telework support.
The Picatinny STEM Education Office is dedicated to creating a technologically proficient society able to meet the nation's workforce needs through engaging outreach programs and support activities. Will require traveling to various sites throughout the state of New Jersey.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative project support to Picatinny STEM DEVCOM AC STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Education Office and objectives.
- Assist Picatinny STEM Office in providing assistance to schools, support for students and leadership in developing creative educational activities.
- Provide coordination support to assist synchronization with Army/DoD, local schools, and University programs.
- Support the DEVCOM AC STEM initiatives throughout the state of New Jersey.
- Work with the STEM Office to plan, coordinate with vendors/schools, and provide purchasing support to execute STEM activities.
- Support STEM K-12 Plus (to include colleges, universities, and vocational schools) events and activities. This includes local curricular and extra-curricular STEM activities, scholastic competitions, academic contests, and in person training workshops for both students and educators. These events will be at various locations within the state of New Jersey.
- Identify materials, supplies, food/snacks, facility requirements, travel, and equipment needed to successfully complete the STEM activities.
- Purchase materials, tickets, scholarship, supplies, pay registration fees, snacks, and catering (if required), reserve facilities, book/coordinate travel for students and faculty, and purchase equipment for STEM activities.
- Draft recognition of participation/achievement and purchase/coordinate monetary awards, certificates, and/or prizes for non-USG participants in STEM events.
- Process and send stipends for faculty, staff, facilitating the STEM events.
- Assist with the procurement of promotional materials, such as banners, T shirts, printed handouts, etc. for DoD branded STEM activities/events.
- Provide logistical support for sponsored local STEM events, such as workshops, training, and follow-up activities to include but not limited to the conduct of surveys, collection of feedback, etc. on the local STEM events.
- Develop plans, budgets, and schedules to support the various STEM activities.
- Provide relevant information and analysis to include: STEM defense-related press releases and floor speeches, surveys conducted, feedback collected, demographics (diversity, inclusion, economics, etc.), historical data, and preparation support for engagements with Senior Leaders that include but are not limited to within the ranks of the Army, DoD, Local Government, and Congress.
- Provide purchasing responsibilities to include obtaining competition, organizing information on competitive quotes, and executing purchases for that fall under the above STEM categories.
- Responsible for resolving any issues regarding shipments received.
- Create and include a summary all activities planned and executed, and a summary of purchases with copies of all paid invoices in the monthly report.
- Support biweekly meetings to provide status updates.
- High School Diploma.
- Must possess valid state driver’s license.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, outBulook)
- 2-3 years of relevant administrative experience.
- Must be able to travel throughout the state.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Good communication skills both orally and written.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Event planning experience
- Budgeting, expense tracking, invoice processing and maintaining records.
REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a Tier 1 Background Check
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible full-time employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kāpili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com.