Recruitment Privacy Statement
Sierra-Cedar, Inc., including its affiliates, is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data privacy laws.
This Recruitment Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how we collect and use personal data about you during Sierra-Cedar’s recruitment activities where Sierra-Cedar is the data controller, and what rights you have in relation to such data. Personal data means information about you or another identifiable individual.
We may provide you additional privacy information that is specific to certain areas of Sierra-Cedar’s recruitment activities in supplements to this Statement and in other notices you may see. If there is a difference between such notices and this Statement, the notices should be considered first.
You are not required to provide personal data to Sierra-Cedar. If you choose not to provide your personal data to Sierra-Cedar, we may not be able to continue the recruitment process with you or to respond to queries you have.
1. What Personal Data Does Sierra-Cedar Collect and Process?
Sierra-Cedar collects personal data directly from you as well as from other available sources to the extent relevant and permitted by applicable law. Subject to applicable law and practice, the categories of personal data that are collected and processed in the recruitment context include:
- Information you provide: When you create an account in our recruitment management system or otherwise interact with us (either directly or through an agency or other third party), we may ask for information such as your name, street address, telephone number, email address, competences, qualifications, skills, work experience, education, and references, as well as user names and passwords for logging in our recruitment management system. We may also maintain records of your consents, preferences, and setting in relation to, for example, job locations, compensation, types of positions, and preferred ways to be contacted by Sierra-Cedar.
- Technical Information: When you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit. These records typically include IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, language and other such information. When you use our services or otherwise interact with us over telecommunications networks, certain additional information, such as your mobile phone number, may be transmitted to Sierra-Cedar by the telecommunications operator as a standard part of that communication.
- Other information, such as information found from public sources as well as information related to background or credit checks, depending on the position for which you are applying.
2. What Will Sierra-Cedar Do With Your Personal Data?
Sierra-Cedar may process your personal data for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal data in our recruitment and resourcing activities to communicate with you, for example, to obtain additional information, to inform you about the status of your application or of available vacancies.
- Recruitment and resourcing activities: We may use your personal data to set up and conduct interviews and assessments with you and to evaluate you for the position you have applied for or for other open vacancies. We may use your personal data to conduct background and credit checks and assessments as required or permitted by applicable local law as well as to communicate with third parties such as references concerning your skills, experiences, qualifications, work history, and education.
- Development of services: We may use your personal data to develop and improve our recruitment and resourcing processes, websites, and other related services. Where feasible, we use aggregated anonymous information in the development activities.
- Legal and regulatory compliance: We may use your personal data as required by law, regulation, judicial organizations, or practice to comply with legal obligations imposed on us.
Sierra-Cedar processes your personal data with your consent or as necessary to take steps to recruit you to a position you have applied for or to complete any other transaction you have requested or authorized. We may also process your personal data to protect other applicants, to maintain the security of our recruitment related activities, systems, websites, and services, and to protect the rights and property of Sierra-Cedar.
3. Does Sierra-Cedar Share Your Personal Data?
Sierra-Cedar will not sell, lease, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal data unless otherwise stated below.
- Consent: Sierra-Cedar may share your personal data if you have given your consent for Sierra-Cedar to do so.
- Sierra-Cedar companies and authorized third parties: Sierra-Cedar may share your personal data with other Sierra-Cedar companies or authorized third parties who process personal data for Sierra-Cedar for the purposes described in this Statement. Sierra-Cedar authorized third parties may include, for example, recruitment agencies, professional advisors, external legal counsel, consumer credit reporting agencies, recruiting systems providers, and other third-party suppliers. These Sierra-Cedar authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Statement and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Mandatory disclosures: Sierra-Cedar may be obligated by law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to government agencies responsible for employment activities or statistical information or to the police or other law enforcement agencies, for example in context of conducting background or credit checks. Sierra-Cedar may also disclose and use your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend Sierra-Cedar’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and acquisitions: Where Sierra-Cedar decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in certain countries, this may involve disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers.
4. What Steps Are Taken to Safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations for Sierra-Cedar. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss, and other such risks, taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
5. Data Quality
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement or otherwise communicated to you, unless a longer period is required by law.
If you are hired by Sierra-Cedar Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, Sierra-Cedar will retain your personal data for longer periods, in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
6. Your Rights
You have the following rights regarding personal data that Sierra-Cedar processes about you:
- Access: You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy.
- Data portability: Subject to law, you have a right to obtain in machine readable format the personal data you have provided to Sierra-Cedar.
- Rectification and erasure: You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary, or outdated personal data about you updated or deleted.
- Withdraw your consent: You have a right to withdraw your consent for Sierra-Cedar to process your personal data.
- Object: You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data on grounds relating to your situation.
You may exercise your rights by managing your account and profile in our recruitment management system or, if that is not possible, by contacting us. If you withdraw your consent or wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, we may not be able to continue the recruitment process with you.
If you are not satisfied with what we provide when you exercise your rights, you can let us know by contacting us. If you are still dissatisfied, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
7. How to Contact Us:
Questions, comments or complaints about Sierra-Cedar’s Privacy Shield Data Privacy Statement or data collection and processing practices can be e-mailed to Privacy@Sierra-Cedar.com, or mailed to Privacy Office, Sierra-Cedar, Inc., 1255 Alderman Drive, Alpharetta, GA 30005. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Sierra-Cedar within a reasonable time frame, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.htm, or via phone at 202.382.4357.
8. Changes to This Statement
Sierra-Cedar may change this Statement at any time with or without notice. However, if this Statement is changed in a material, adverse way, Sierra-Cedar will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Statement and in the recruitment management system for 30 days. We recommend that you revisit this Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Statement.