Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is a leading innovator with over 25 years of experience rapidly developing advanced C5ISR sensor solutions and is a renowned world leader in robotics and autonomy.
The combined QinetiQ U.S. business unit brings capabilities across the full lifecycle of technology development from applied research and development to rapid prototyping, testing, fielding, and sustainment. Our expertise with unmanned platforms, broad sensing modalities, and cross-domain interoperability ensures that we deliver integrated solutions for Warfighter dominance in all phases of combat.
We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
Responsible for leading and providing technical advice and direction.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered and to accomplish assigned tasks with efficiency, dispatch, and thoroughness; independently prepares (or directs others in the preparation of), computation/analyses, specifications, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise; selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity; and reviews and evaluates the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks.
- Plans, designs, coordinates, executes, monitors, evaluates and reports test and evaluation of materiel, incorporating state-of-the-art technology and requiring substantial deviation from established test procedures and/or development of new test capability or instrumentation systems.
- Performs fundamental research, feasibility, engineering design or development of tests.
- Performs independently on projects having the characteristics described above.
- Attends meetings and conferences that relate to assigned area of responsibility and assists in the isolation and resolution of controversial and novel issues regarding items being developed and tested.
- Informs Government personnel about matters covered during meetings and information provided and received.
- Assists in scheduling tests and coordinating support requirements with test scheduling office and supporting organizational elements.
- Observes or participates in the execution of assigned tests as required.
- Monitors performance of the test item and adequacy of data collection, and facilitates range, test course and laboratory safety.
- Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental and community concerns are adequately addressed.
- Reviews the data collected for completeness, accuracy and validity.
- Analyzes test data in terms of serviceability, cost conditions where the item will be developed, etc., and prepares final test report outlining problem areas revealed during the test and making recommendations and conclusions as to the suitability of the materiel being tested.
- Due to the uniqueness and complexity of materiel being tested, the incumbent is required prepare intricate, detailed and interpretative analysis of test results. More specific requirements for Network and Software positions follow.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Master’s Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable experience; or a Doctorate Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and ten years applicable experience.
- Experience in DoD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD drawings, specifications practices, formats and procedures.
- Three years of experience leading/supervising.
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.