Who Are We?
QinetiQ Inc. is a leading innovator with over 25 years of experience rapidly developing advanced C5ISR sensor solutions and is a renowned world leader in robotics and autonomy.
The combined QinetiQ U.S. business unit brings capabilities across the full lifecycle of technology development from applied research and development to rapid prototyping, testing, fielding, and sustainment. Our expertise with unmanned platforms, broad sensing modalities, and cross-domain interoperability ensures that we deliver integrated solutions for Warfighter dominance in all phases of combat.
We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
Reporting to the Director, Export and Trade Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for ITAR and EAR and related licensing and special projects to ensure the required approvals are obtained to support international marketing, sales, and other business activities in a Security mitigated DOD environment.
- With Engineering support, conduct jurisdiction and classification analysis of products (against USML/CCL/Schedule B/HTS/Country of Origin)
- Draft licenses and agreements for on time delivery
- Manage export authorizations, providing reports and notifications to the U.S. government, as necessary
- Maintain licensing records to ensure proof of compliance and allow auditing
- Review the use of licenses, exemptions and exceptions for shipments and information exports, including deemed exports
- Identify and report to Director any potential violations of trade compliance regulations and implement process improvements to mitigate risk.
- Support internal, external and government-directed trade compliance audits and assessments and execute corrective action and internal training.
- Interpret International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administrations Regulations (EAR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), INCOTERMS, etc. and provide guidance on import and/or export related shipment
- Assist in compliance related training initiatives to included training material development and training presentation to various departments and business units.
- Prepare and/or revise compliance related procedures, desktop work instructions, forms and business flowcharts.
- Review U.S. Government import and export regulations, corporate policies and procedures to ensure company compliance.
- Provide guidance to internal departments to ensure international business activities are conducted in compliance with applicable international trade compliance regulations
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (technical degree preferred) plus 8-12 years’ experience
- Experience in DoD contractor environment, engineering and manufacturing strongly preferred
- Experience with U.S. government programs such as SNAP-R, ACE (AES), DECCS
- Experience with screening programs and export licensing databases, like OCR EASE and Visual Compliance (Descartes)
- Experience drafting and submitting export licenses and agreements, interpreting and providing guidance on ITAR and EAR regulations for the licensing of commodities, technologies and defense services
- Experience in use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions for export transactions
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals and work well as a team member. Must be open to challenges, new ideas, and change. Must be able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand. That is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 658-2720 Opt 4 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
QinetiQ Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.