M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for following the M.C. Dean Quality Control (QC) Program to achieve and verify quality expectations for a durable and reliable installation. The Quality Control Officer is responsible for performing field inspections to ensure work is in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Document, Implement and Manage Quality Control Plan on the project.
Perform Quality Control tasks to include:
- Contract document review for compliance: RFP, Specs, Drawings, Submittals, etc...
- Review design documents for constructability and contract compliance.
- Implement 3-Phase Quality Control approach: Preparatory meetings, Initial inspections, and Follow-up inspections for all applicable Definable Features of Work.
- Create detailed project specific installation checklists for field workers.
- Perform inspections on all work performed in detail, efficiently, and in conjunction with Owner/QC.
- Collect data, analyze for continuous improvement, and share with project team weekly.
- Participate in daily safety meetings to discuss Quality issues and concerns.
- Attend all required project meetings to provide resolution to any Quality issues from Owner/QC.
- Manage and assist in resolving all Quality or Commissioning punch-lists.
- Direct interface with GC/Owner to ensure requirements are understood and communicated to the project team.
Experience / Education Required:
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, analyzing, and resolving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of construction
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to read, interpret and review construction drawings and documents
- Must pass basic background check
- Extensive knowledge of USACE/NAVFAC 3-Phase Quality Control System
- Experience on military bases, government contracts
- Journeyman's Electrical License, preferred, with a high school diploma or GED and at least eight (8) years of experience or 2-4 years of experience with a BS degree or 0-2 years of experience with a MS degree.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.