M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Project Manager III is responsible for the overall administration, organization and implementation of large, complex electrical construction projects and supervising and mentoring less experienced project managers.
This position is in support of a 5-Year $300M+ IDIQ MATOC Program based out of Fort Meade, MD focused around the repair-by-replacement of critical power and cooling equipment infrastructure. Task Orders are both Design Build and Bid/Build serving locations including both CONUS and OCONUS.
Minimum Prerequisites include the following:
- 12 Years of Construction Management/Program Management
- B.S. Degree in a relevant field (Preferred EE or ME)
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Perfered.
- Candidates must have proven expertise to effectively manage large projects, to include: construction methods, engineering, resources, estimating, equipment, materials, contract administration, subcontract management, claim negotiations, project controls, finance, and staffing efficiency resources.
- Managing small to medium size projects, 10 to 40 persons
- Conferring with senior management, supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Scheduling the project in logical steps in order to budget enough time required to meet deadlines
- Determining labor requirements and dispatching workers to construction sites
- Planning, organizing and directing activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients
- Client relationship management, negotiating revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Directly responsible for the overall Safety, Quality, and productivity of individual Task Orders
- Directing and supervising workers including delegating responsibilities to Foremen and Technicians in order to prepare them for promotion to the next career level
- Monitoring project budgets in order to ensure positive cash flow and to maintain profitability
- Inspecting and reviewing projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interface with engineering team to ensure design efficiency
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Read blue prints, schematics and statements of work (SOW)
- Coordinate with field personnel and/or engineering team to discuss any potential installation issues
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Suggest process improvements / cost saving measures
- Plan and actively track work to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget
- Oversee submission and accuracy of organized and detailed project records (Daily Work Tickets, etc.)
- Interface with customers to address project status and/or customer concerns
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- 12-15 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Physics preferably from an ABET accredited program or 9-11 years of experience with a Master’s degree or 7-8 years of experience with a Ph.D.
- Experience working with management systems such as scheduling, job cost reports, estimating, safety, documentation requirements, and quality control.
- Experience overseeing and approving monthly job cost updates, productivity reports, and quarterly cash flow projections.
- Provide monthly customer reporting as specified for each task order.
- Proficiency in the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling method and General Contractor Schedules
- Must have a history of successfully completing projects on time and under budget.
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site for regular meetings required by customer
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends
- Accubid Estimating (Or equivalent) directly related to Electrical Installations is preferred.
- Primavera P6 CPM Scheduling Experience and proficiency (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Ability and Willingness to Travel to individual Task Order locations as needed.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.