Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our nationally recognized practices include corporate, financial services, litigation, real estate, environmental, commercial finance, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, and trusts and estates. Our more than 650 attorneys serve public and private companies, including a third of the Fortune 100, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
Legal Recruiting Coordinator
The Legal Recruiting Coordinator works closely with the Legal Recruiting Manager on implementing the Firm’s Chicago Office non-partner attorney recruiting initiatives. The Legal Recruiting Coordinator must maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing the annual summer associate program in the Chicago office and aid in the implementation of Firm-wide summer associate program initiatives.
- Collect and maintain summer associate on-boarding documents; assist in the coordination of the orientation schedule; prepare the summer associate booklet and related materials.
- Coordinate social event details and learning and development programs, help prepare invitations for events, distribute calendar invitations for summer associate programming, send event reminders and track RSVPs, follow-up with attorneys to complete summer associate reviews, prepare materials for summer associate reviews, and attend all Chicago summer associate social events.
- Assist with all aspects of the Chicago 2L interview process including registration for on-campus interviews, prepare interviewer binders and marketing materials, schedule callback interviews, remind attorneys to complete interview evaluations, maintain candidate files and update candidate statuses in viRecruit, generate reports, prepare hiring committee meeting packets, send callback invitation, reject and no offer correspondences to candidates using viRecruit, coordinate post-offer candidate follow-up, and assist with all local Chicago on-campus interview events, hospitality suites and other recruitment events.
- Assist with all aspects of the Chicago 1L hiring process including: help identify and select 1L students to interview, schedule interviews, remind attorneys to complete interview evaluations, maintain candidates files and update candidate statuses in viRecruit, send interview invitation, reject and no offer correspondences to candidates using viRecruit, coordinate post-offer candidate follow-up, and coordinate registration and logistical details for diversity and law student recruiting events.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring lateral non-partner attorneys; coordinate lateral attorney interview schedules, make conference room and/or technology arrangements, send calendar appointments for interviews, greet candidates at the start of interviews and ensure interviews successfully begin, record candidate submissions and complete the entry of candidate data in viRecruit, maintain candidate records, update candidate statuses and enter interview schedules in viRecruit, post add and open positions in viRecruit, maintain lateral associate candidate files in iManage DeskSite, ensure interview evaluations are completed, and assist in the on-boarding diligence process.
- Assist with Legal Recruiting Department initiatives and tasks including the preparation of the NALP Legal Employer Directory form and other recruiting related survey responses, assist with social media content, strategy and marketing materials related to legal recruiting, process expenses incurred by the department as well as reimbursement requests for lateral candidates, student candidates and incoming first-year associates, coordinate processes related to incoming first-year associates, such as collecting documents, maintaining files and initiating stipend payments, participate in internal meetings and calls with the Legal Recruiting Department and Talent Team, and actively contribute to Legal Recruiting planning and strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of legal recruiting experience at a large law firm or professional services environment is required.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime, especially during peak recruitment season and attend all evening the summer associate program events.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of viDesktop/viRecruit and Symplicity is beneficial as well.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, candidates, clients, professional staff, and outside contacts.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Dependable team player with high energy, creativity, and vision who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently within scope of the position’s responsibilities as a decision-maker and contributor on all levels.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.