This position is located in Metairie, La 70002.
The Small Business Relationship Manager II serves small businesses up to $750,000 in Total Credit Exposure or $2.5MM in annual sales using a Consultative Relationship Process providing comprehensive financial solutions for customers and prospects. The Small Business Relationship Manager is responsible for originating, growing, servicing, managing and retaining small business relationships offering a full range of loan, deposit, non-interest income services and referring business and personal financial needs through the appropriate channel.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years' experience managing small business relationships to include deposit gathering, loan production and other financial services.
- Possess an understanding of technical aspects of small business underwriting, loan structure, deposits and a clear understanding of credit and finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, creative/ innovative problem solver.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability and desire to deliver World Class Client Service Standards.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the institution's privacy policies, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Ability to travel.
Specific Job Functions:
- Originate and service business relationships for small business clients with up to $500,000 in credit exposure and $1MM in annual revenue. Focus on the importance of the client's relationship to the bank to improve profitability, growth and retention
- Manage relationships using channels such as phone, email, social media and face-to-face meetings to communicate with clients and prospects
- Proactively contact all small business banking clients to ensure relationships are fully developed with appropriate credit needs, deposit needs and fee-based revenue services. Ensure retail banking needs of business owners and key managers are met by partnering with appropriate internal partners for a World Class Customer Experience
- Be well versed in all Fidelity Bank products and services to ensure relationship-building opportunities
- Manage discretionary loan and deposit pricing to ensure appropriate return
- Prospect, cold call, network, and develop new business opportunities within Fidelity Bank's footprint
- Manage customer contacts, referrals and pipeline through the bank's pipeline and referral system to ensure the bank's sales process is mastered
- Initiate credit renewal process. Maintain current financial statements for clients with products requiring this process. Use appropriate loan products available in order to improve efficiencies associated with the portfolio
- Manage portfolio, including problem loan and collection activities to ensure superior past due and loan loss results
- Responsible for proper documentation and review of accounts along with follow-up and clearing of any exceptions
- Be the face of Fidelity Bank in the community and take an appropriate leadership role. Represent Fidelity Bank at various civic and community functions to enhance its image and develop ne business and centers of influence. Know and live the Fidelity Mission, Vision and Values in our community
- Keep abreast of changing business trends that impart the small business segment, translating those trends into business opportunities
- Complies with regulatory rules and regulations, evidenced through successful completion of training and demonstrated ability
- Performs other duties as appointed by management
Fidelity Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.