AVP, Sr Network Engineer
Apple Bank is augmenting its infrastructure towards Digital Transformation, to that end we are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the VP, Network Infrastructure Manager, the successful candidate will leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to security architecture design, strategies and compliance. The Sr. Network Engineer will participate in the development of long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals. This critical team member participates in network infrastructure security audit activities and provides evidence as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in IT and corporate-lead initiatives.
- Coordinates efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues.
- Researches new technology and evaluates viability to meet or exceed business requirements and goals.
- Leads network infrastructure and security remediation activities.
- Responsible for the design, deployment and document of network infrastructure to support 80+ locations in greater NYC area.
- Manages the deployment and support of B2B VPN tunnels for clients and vendors.
- Evaluates partner solution portfolio for potential implementation across our entire footprint.
- Provides troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support.
- Provide 24x7 Tier 1, 2, 3 IT Network Support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel to Apple Bank locations will be required.
- CISCO ISR and ASR routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Network Management and Diagnostic tools as SolarWinds
- Experience with routing protocols – BGP, EIGRP and OSFP. Policy Based Routing
- Endpoint identity management (NAC/ISE) and IDS/IPS devices
- Firewall architectures that includes Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls
- Cisco Wireless Controllers Management
- MS Office. Visio
Skills, Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years’ experience in IT preferable in financial institutions
- Deep experience leading internal IT projects that require interaction with external vendors
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, Palo Alto or equivalent experience
- Working Knowledge of SD-WAN, Cisco ACI, DNA, Cisco Wireless
- 5+ years of Cisco network engineering experience
- 5+ years of firewall administration and implementation experience
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.