Hiring experienced Truck Driver(s) to operate various on and off-road trucks (articulating dump trucks, water trucks) associated with environmental remediation construction projects. The Truck Driver must be able to demonstrate safe operation of any assigned vehicle based on changing travel (road) conditions. The Truck Driver is expected to use their experience and judgment to make decisions within their limits of authority.
Project-Based Positions - Hiring Locally
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret site-specific Safety Plan at each site; may be amended daily.
- Read and interpret truck operator’s manual.
- Read MSDSs that accompany all new and existing chemicals brought to or used at the hazardous waste site.
- Operate/drive construction type/truck equipment.
- Work in areas of uneven terrain.
- Wear and work in different types of protective equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate common sense understanding and carrying out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Experienced drivers may be tasked with training new or less experienced drivers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Driver must be able to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English Language.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, two-way radio and in writing.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in tracking Hours of Service ( Log Book ).
- Capable of performing and documenting Pre-shift Daily Equipment Inspections.
- Must be able to read and comprehend safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals
- Able to successfully pass all required training ( i.e. HAZWOPER, etc.)
Education and Experience REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with behavior-based safety program ( i.e. LPS).
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER a plus.
- Previous experience driving construction type trucks/equipment.
- Must meet the company's vehicle insurance requirements.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- CDL with tanker and/or hazmat is desirable.
- MSHA training preferred.
Please note that Envirocon's full process includes the application, interview, pre-employment drug screening and a fit for duty physical.
Envirocon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all types of work situations, including but not limited to hiring, firing, promotions, harassment, training, wages, and benefits.