Mid-level estimating position capable of leading small and medium sized complex bids. Estimator will be responsible for working within a capture team to assemble estimates while following and adhering to all aspects of the company’s estimating processes, procedures, and related work products. Typical bid opportunities range in size from $1M to $75M in remediation, restoration and industrial demolition. Estimators are responsible for the development of compliant and competitive estimates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures related to cost estimates and change management.
- Assist in training personnel, managing, administrating, and maintaining HCSS HeavyBid estimating software.
- Coordinate and schedule bid opportunity meetings and reviews.
- Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with the Capture Team to confirm that the project scope of work is fully understood.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing.
- Manage and/or calculate quantity takeoffs.
- Manage the development of cash flow analysis for bid opportunities.
- Coordinate insurance requirements with the Contract Administrator.
- Coordinate technical proposal requirements with Proposals, Marketing, and Technical Services Departments.
- Review constructability issues with Capture Teams.
- Develop alternate cost definition approaches including value engineering opportunities.
- Participate in client interviews and contract negotiations.
- Clearly communicate and transfer estimate and proposal information to field teams once projects are awarded.
- Travel on an as needed basis to assigned proposals and associated projects.
- Establish and maintain a safe culture throughout bid cycle
- Track estimates against actual project performance.
- Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested.
- Participate in periodic reviews and site visits as necessary.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to complete assigned estimating tasks on estimates including:
- Reading and understanding Request for Proposal and Request for Bid documents
- Conducting quantity takeoffs
- Soliciting vendor quotes
- Inputting resources in estimating software
- Developing and documenting production rates
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with HCSS HeavyBid estimating software, Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.
- Must have the ability to work well with a positive attitude in an experienced team environment.
- Must be willing to abide by Envirocon’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must be comfortable meeting tight deadlines and be willing to adjust to a modified work schedule if necessary.
- Exhibit effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills to effectively and tactfully communicate and work within multifaceted teams via personal communication, telephone, digital media, and written correspondence.
- Must be willing to travel upon request.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies and inconsistencies.
- The ability to analyze and resolve complex construction engineering problems including geometry and algebraic mathematical equations is required.
- Must possess excellent relationship building skills.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of construction means & methods and terminology.
- Understand behavior-based safety programs and enforce Company’s safety policies.
- Must meet medical requirements of the job site (Hazardous waste)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a similar technical field preferred.
- 3 to 7 years of combined construction and estimating experience.
- Estimating experience on bid opportunities valued at $10M and greater preferred.
- Prior environmental experience and/or field experience preferred.
Envirocon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all types of work situations, including but not limited to hiring, firing, promotions, harassment, training, wages, and benefits.