Envirocon is seeking a Field Mechanic to skillfully maintain and support heavy equipment associated with environmental remediation construction projects. The Mechanic will be provided a Mechanics service truck but must have their own tools.
Please fully complete the online application with all requested information. All applicants should attach a current resume outlining your relevant experience to be considered further. Incomplete applications will be moved to the bottom of the candidate list.
This is a Project-Based Position, travel required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing repairs.
- Repair and maintain equipment.
- Order parts and supplies as directed.
- Operational testing of equipment.
- Fuel and lubricate.
- Knowledge of oils and ability to read and understand all manuals.
- Drive and operate: Mechanics truck, lube truck, pickup, most heavy equipment.
- Effective communication with all personnel.
- Must be able to read and comprehend safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS), warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals.
- Ability to demonstrate common sense understanding and carrying out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Capable of being the onsite resource for proper equipment operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, two-way radio and in writing.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions.
- Perform operations using weights and measures, volumes, and distances.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license if assigned to operate any Envirocon vehicles and must meet the company’s vehicle insurance requirements.
- Must be physically able to perform job tasks.
- Must be able to pass all required training i.e. HAZWOPER.
- Supervise Light Mechanics and Mechanics through collaboration with Equipment Department Management.
- Must be able to effectively operate the company’s computer-based applications/software.
- Positions are project-driven and fluctuate on duration. Those employees that meet or exceed performance expectations and are willing to travel will receive priority consideration to maintain consistent employment.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have five (5) years direct work experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- CDL may be required.
- Prefer mechanical aptitude.
Please note that Envirocon's full process includes the application, interview, pre-employment background and drug screening, and a fit for duty physical.
Envirocon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all types of work situations, including but not limited to hiring, firing, promotions, harassment, training, wages, and benefits.