Working for Webcor is an experience unlike any other. One of the base principles our founders baked into our DNA is that people come first. Fifty years later, our people and our values remain at the center of everything we perform. Our clients agree that our assigned people is the preeminent reason for project award. Our higher calling is to build solutions and better lives. This includes devising ways to build diverse, high-profile, and innovative structures, many of which have become iconic skyline components in our local areas (mainly the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and San Diego). It also means crafting career paths that accommodate the individual goals of our people through skills rotation plans, volunteer opportunities, and other personnel growth approaches. A key to achieving these goals is creating an environment that is not only diverse, but also inclusive and equitable. We are Builders, with a comprehensive collaboration and transparency routine between our internal facets: Core & Shell, Special Projects groups, and our self-perform operations: Webcor Concrete, Webcor Drywall, and Webcor Carpentry. We better lives through involvement in the community, corporate philanthropy, a deep commitment to sustainability, a culture of leadership, and an employee experience that features financial, health, and wellness benefits. Whether you are a craft specialist, an experienced professional, or a graduate seeking your first opportunity, Webcor will deliver an unparalleled experience for you.
The Technology Department is seeking a Senior Support Engineer (Tier 2) with a hands-on approach to end-user support, ensuring end-user workstations and apps meet company and user requirements and expectations.
The Direct Support Technician provides administration and maintenance of Microsoft 365, various SaaS platforms, network infrastructure, and assists other technology teams with IT projects. Travel to various Los Angeles area job sites and offices is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage end-user workstations, network infrastructure, SaaS platforms, IT projects, providing technical support including maintenance and upgrading of IT resources.
- Provides effective leadership by disseminating information, providing feedback, advising, and coaching Tier 1 support technicians.
- Provide technical assistance (in person, remote desktop, phone or email) for end user issues related to both hardware and software.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems (desktop, laptops and tablets).
- Walk customers through problem-solving processes and train them to help make them self-sufficient.
- Image and maintain desktops/laptops/tablets, install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Identify and resolve or escalate technical problems with desktop, notebooks, mobile devices, printers, software, hardware, local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Maintain and monitor daily the performance of network infrastructure (LAN & WAN devices)
- Maintain daily performance of SaaS platform apps (BOX, Microsoft 365 Apps, Zoom, and other)
- Gain feedback from customers about computer issues and ensure full resolution of user problems.
- Maintain best practices and procedures for patch management, virus management, and operating system upgrades.
- Assist in datacenter maintenance and jobsite setup/teardown activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical degree program preferred.
- Industry/Military certifications in technology a big plus (A+, CCNA, ITIL, Network+, MCSA, MCSE, Microsoft 365)
- 2+ years of experience in a Microsoft Windows Administrator role working with: Active Directory, Azure, Exchange Online, Group Policy, Microsoft 365, SCCM, and SQL server etc.
- 2+ years of experience administering cloud technologies such as Microsoft O365, Azure, Box, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, ZOOM, etc.
- 2+ years of experience administering and maintaining network infrastructure.
- Experience, working understanding:
- Networking - LAN, Datacenter, Firewall, SAN, SD-WAN, Virtualization, VoIP, and WAN technologies (Cisco/Meraki, Palo Alto, Mitel, Verkada, Versa, VM Ware)
- WAN and LAN - DNS, mail & routing protocols, OSI model, SD-WAN, TCP/IP protocols, and VPN
- Compute - VMware, Windows OS server (>2008), Linux, Windows 10 Pro, Apple macOS & iOS
- Database - CMDB, Oracle and SQL
- Storage - RAID, SAN technology, and backups tape/disk to disk (Nimble, and Nutanix)
- Cyber Security – Application, Cloud, Endpoint, and Internet
- Demonstrable track record of driving IT projects to completion.
- Experience deploying, supporting, and managing Windows OS, Microsoft 365, mobile devices, common mainstream desktop apps, and SaaS apps with a focus on supporting end users.
- Ability to work independently as required. Manage expectations. Analyze data, and the ability to manage internal and external relationships).
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with coworkers in a team environment with a friendly and customer-centric approach to customer support.
- Focused approach to customer support
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and quality, strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times: candor, confidentiality, tact, collaborative attitude, and resourcefulness.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk, generally up to 7 hours per day and occasionally standing and walking. The repetitive motion using hands with constant keyboarding and physical use of vision to read computer monitors and paper documents. Regularly required to use hands to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine). Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and lift up to 15 pounds. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. Webcor is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.