Travel Based Position
Base Pay plus Per Diem, and ESOP
The Environmental Coordinator (Renewables) is responsible for preparation and update of the Construction Environmental Plan (CEP). The CEP encompasses the full environmental program and strategies including: SWPPP, SPCC, Air Quality Control, Emissions Reporting, Permitting, Cultural, Wildlife, Waste Management and Sustainability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating the site construction schedule and execution plan, administering on-site contracts and managing the daily issues involved during the construction as related to environmental work.
- Assist with obtaining the construction permit Notice of Intent (NOI)
- Reviews engineering drawings to identify all required Best Management Practices (BMPs) and ensure that the project can be built in a safe and reliable manner.
- Coordinate with the construction team to plan installation of all BMPs.
- Perform the required Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan inspections as required in the construction permit to identify required deficiencies and recommend corrective actions.
- Communicate with the construction team the identified deficiencies and tracks the corrective actions until the closure to ensure compliance with the construction permit requirements and areas requiring maintenance or additional stabilization BMPs.
- Reporting of corrective actions and status while maintaining records and databases.
- Assist with closure of the construction permit and the Notice of Termination (NOT).
- Assist with development of the Spill Prevention Controls and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan.
- Ensure that all SPCC requirements, permits are implemented on the project site.
- Manage clean-up and remediation of any spills on the project site.
- Develop the project waste program with an emphasis on diverting materials from traditional landfills.
- Identify the surrounding recycling infrastructure and implement the site recycling plan.
- Manage and track disposal quantities while supporting sustainability initiatives including re-use, recycling and proper handling and disposal of special/hazardous wastes.
- Maintain Construction Waste Management Program log and provides submittals as required.
- Deliver the site wide Environmental Orientation.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 30 semester hours of Environmental coursework (Geology, Biology, Ecology, Chemistry, Water Resources, Land Use, Environmental Science, or equivalent) OR 3-5 years of proven construction or regulatory experience performing audits or inspections to ensure permit compliance on large scale construction projects.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certificate of completion of Qualified Inspector of SWPPP’s.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a strong knowledge of Storm Water as applied in construction activities
- Strong knowledge of hazardous storage, chemical handling and spill remediation
- Comprehension of civil planning and phasing of environmental duties during this process
- Following Rules and Regulations of industry standards of hazardous chemical storage and disposal
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.