Orion Management, LLC (Orion) is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager committed to quality and safety. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall construction direction, completion, and financial outcome for assigned projects to ensure being on time and within budget. The person selected to fill this role will need to have the ability to mentor and manage staff and interact in a dynamic environment with management and customers at all levels.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, safety, information, contract performance) on multiple project assignments
- Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with Orion objectives and contract requirements
- Review and approve proposals, including pricing and cost estimates
- Manage all budgets, forecasts, schedules, scope development, design and contract performance, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Maintain good relationships with customers, owners, subcontractors, vendors, Orion employees, etc.
- Monitor and manage subcontractor, vendor and consultant contract performance and review submitted invoices and contract change requests to ensure submissions are necessary, appropriate and accurate
- Properly document project performance and issues with customer, subcontractors and vendors
- Resolve project related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Direct and supervise the work of project and other support staff, including coordination of technical and manpower resources, to ensure organizational and operational priorities are met
- Timely coordination with organizational stakeholders to ensure company procedures are followed and required approvals are obtained
- Prepare accurate and acceptable monthly customer invoices
- Prepare monthly progress, financial and other reports for assigned projects
- Forecast monthly project invoicing and related costs
- Monitor and report project performance variances from projected schedules and costs
- Attend assigned organizational and customer meetings
- Identify training needs
- Multitask and work in a fast pace environment
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 4-7 years related experience in the lead role on projects that include installation of Electrical and Fire Alarms systems
- Active Secret Clearance (or above) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Experience ensuring compliance with safety, OSHA, ANSI, Federal Acquisition Regulations and industry related rules and regulations
- Experience managing projects with or for the U.S. Government and commercial clients
- Committed to safety and quality delivery of construction services
- Experience in one or more of the following areas required: low voltage security, cctv, access control, fire alarm systems; design, installation, and/or maintenance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6, and other project management software
- Walking, stooping, climbing, balancing, lifting, talking, hearing, and sitting for long periods of time
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The successful candidate is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- The successful candidate is subject to varying environmental conditions and activities which occur inside and outside the project workspace.
Orion is a global provider of technical security, fire and life safety solutions, and electrical and construction services to government and commercial clients throughout the world. Orion offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous 401k plan. Orion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.