Novaspect, Inc, an Emerson Impact Partner and global leader of industrial automation solutions, has an exciting new opportunity for a Buyer to join our supply chain management team. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to purchase products, parts, equipment, and supplies from Emerson and other suppliers. You will work with our Account Support, Inventory, Service, and Project Teams to purchase material necessary to support on-time delivery of our products and services. Your responsibilities will include managing supplier relationships, purchase orders, and expediting. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of procurement processes and purchase order/invoice business systems, along with strong knowledge of computer applications including MS Excel, ERP, & CRM systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of procurement for customer order fulfillment: purchase requisition review, purchase order entry, supplier & internal communication, purchase order management, and expediting.
- Competent in understanding of technical purchase orders and basic product knowledge for the suppliers in scope of responsibility.
- Monitor & communicate status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of product, work timely manner to mitigation impact of supplier delays to customers.
- Make purchasing decisions in accordance with company procedures and regulations
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Anticipate possible supply shortages depending on unpredictable variables and devise strategies to solve any problems with product supply
- Create & publish purchasing reports for the supply chain team, upper management, business units, and customer facing teams as needed.
- Develop strong relationships with supplier customer service & factory personnel.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of internal customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Actively monitor supplier performance (including on time delivery) by creating & managing a supplier scorecard, using the IFS business system.
- Assist Inventory Buyer/Planners with IFS part management
- Handle customer expediting requests by working with appropriate internal groups, coordinating completion, prioritizing purchase order escalation for Novaspect, and ensuring timely responses back to the customer
- Manage supplier quality issues; including product returns, warranty issues, and recalls.
- Actively participate with team members to achieve company goals
- Other duties as required
- Understand order processing systems and delivery channels.
- High level communication between internal teams.
- Basic understanding of inventory management & logistics
- Able to manage difficult or emotional situations and respond promptly to internal customer needs.
- Quickly embraces, learns and applies new technology and/or procedures.
- Possess a high level of energy, initiative, enthusiasm, and cooperation.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion.
- Strict attention to detail with solid math and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills and proven ability maintain high customer service.
- Proven ability to build and support teamwork.
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, economics, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a purchasing role preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of products in the area of specialization
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Extensive and exceptional customer service practices.
- High computer application literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems.
- Salesforce and IFS business system experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.