Novaspect, Inc., an Emerson Impact Partner, the global leader of process systems and solutions, is currently offering an opportunity for an IT System Support Technician to join our fast paced, customer orientated team in our Chanhassen, MN location. The successful candidate will assist the IT department with the support of user and enterprise based computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solid understanding and navigation of Microsoft operating systems (Windows 10 and newer, Windows 2012 and newer)
- Ability to install and troubleshoot on laptop, tablet and desktop environments.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Products (on-prem and in cloud)
- Functional understanding of basic network, intranet, internet, and wireless network workings. (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Good understanding of Android and Apple Smartphone platforms
- Ability to quickly learn, use and troubleshoot applications in multiple environments
- Some travel, after hours and weekend work will be required (10% to 25% travel).
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma required.
- Some College a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience desired.
- Professional appearance and excellent oral and written skills.
- Certifications (A+, CCNA, MCTS, MSCA, etc.) a plus but not required
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills and ability to maintain high level of customer service and tact.
- Ability to work independently or in a group,
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be resourceful.
- Ability to follow instructions, both verbal and written
- Time management and the ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and composure; meets commitments and responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Proven ability to build and support teamwork; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to grasp and manipulate small objects/tools
- Frequent use of small hand tools and electronic test equipment
- Repetitive hand motions
- Ability to stoop, crawl and crouch while working on equipment on hands and knees
- Prolonged use of computer and telephone
- Occasional irregular hours
- Ability to drive Company vehicles and frequent territory wide travel
- Ability to use a standard 8 foot ladder safely for pulling and adjusting cables in the ceiling
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.