Morrison Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 18 offices worldwide, has an opening for an Accounts Payable Manager within our Financial Operations Department in our Denver, New York, Los Angeles,or San Francisco office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, this position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the global Accounts Payable function. Support and lead projects to improve services and processes. Provide guidance, training, and backup support to the Accounts Payable staff.
- Direct and oversee the daily management of Accounts Payable staff and the processes associated with the payment of vendor invoices and expense reimbursements.
- Function as the main relationship contact with outsourced Accounts Payable service providers.
- Provide backup support for the Chrome River invoice and expense reimbursement workflow application and ServiceNow accounts payable ticket inquiry system.
- Develop, implement and maintain Accounts Payable policies and procedures to ensure adherence to Firm guidelines.
- Identify and outline areas for improving/automating Accounts Payable operations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external groups.
- Lead the Accounts Payable department transition from Elite Enterprise to Thomson Reuters 3E.
- Ensure that staff is knowledgeable and trained on professional and technical matters. Provide supportive coaching; set achievable, challenging team goals; develop skills of team members to ensure achievement of client service priorities. Ensure team is structured effectively to meet client service objectives.
- Promote consistency and fairness; maintain open door policy and facilitate open dialog. Ensure Firm policies and practices are followed within team. Prepare timely, substantive, and strategically aligned performance evaluations. Identify and timely address employee relations and performance concerns within team; collaborate with Human Resources and management to support effective and appropriate resolution. Participate in recruiting for department, including drafting position descriptions.
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
- Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Promote client service throughout department; ensure client service standards are set and achieved by team; provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure client service is accomplished individually and through teamwork.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of Accounts Payable experience necessary.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters 3E law firm management software and Chrome River preferred.
- Experience with outsourced staff or shared services ideal.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills, and comfort working at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work at both a strategic and detailed operational level, ability to quickly grasp business, economic and accounting issues of a situation and work toward developing a solution.
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal client constituencies.
- Demonstrated success in leading a diverse team in a high performance environment.
- Specific ability to motivate and inspire non-exempt staff.
- Ability to analyze needs and to determine priorities based on business objectives.
- Strong problem solving, process improvement, and project management skills.
- Ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work independently, be a self-starter and thrive in a fast- paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Who We Are
At Morrison Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do.
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Where required by law, salary ranges are stated below. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus, overtime as applicable, health/welfare benefits, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and PTO. The range displayed is specifically for positions performed in those cities/states and may vary based on factors including but not limited to the following: local market data and ranges; an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience; and certain degrees, licensing, and certifications.
San Francisco salary range: $89k to $133k
New York salary range: $89k to $133k
Los Angeles salary range: $82k to $124k
Denver salary range: $78k to $116k