Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for an Attorney Talent Manager within our Attorney Talent team in our London office.
An interesting opportunity has arisen to join our global Attorney Talent team. The role will support the learning, development and integration of associates by acting as a resource for career related questions and through one-on-one consulting and coaching. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with members of the Talent Team, office, practice leadership, and the Firm’s attorneys to promote talent development and attorney engagement and morale, creating and implementing plans and strategies. The role will implement diversity initiatives within the Europe offices.
The ideal candidate will have previously practiced as a lawyer at a major law firm and have a strong background in career development and diversity and inclusion work within a professional service environment.
- Conducts or oversees office-specific orientation for trainees.
- Monitors effectiveness of Firm’s mentoring programmes for trainees and attorneys in region.
- Creates talent team and position awareness among trainees and attorneys.
- Responds to career development related queries.
- Provides career guidance and coaching.
- Works with Attorney Recruiting team on trainee seat rotations.
- Works in conjunction with Diversity and Inclusion team on diversity initiatives within region.
- Develops and executes engagement strategies and programmes.
- Partners with Human Resources team and General Counsel on sensitive employee matters.
- Provides strategic input for firmwide communications to associates on issues impacting compensation, development and engagement.
- Promotes associate and partner awareness of the Firm’s attorney career development policies.
- Implementation of attorney and trainee evaluations.
- Provides guidance and support to partners in areas of talent development for attorneys.
- Responsible for team management including policies, staffing and employee relations issues.
- Occasional travel within the region.
- Law degree and proven experience of legal practice at a major law firm.
- Strong background in career development and diversity & inclusion work gained within a professional service environment.
- Vision and passion for diversity, career development and attorney training.
- Sound independent judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships among personnel in different offices.
- Ability to present ideas comfortably in public forums, including excellent group facilitation skills.
- Ability to take assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision.
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills.
- Strong client service ethic and a proven record in delivery exemplary client satisfaction and external and internal client constituencies.
- Reliability, dependability and strong motivation to respond to requests in a timely manner.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are , and what we do .
Morrison & Foerster is a committed equal opportunities employer and we place great value and focus on building a diverse workforce. Our recruitment practices are inclusive and reflect our commitment to diversity, and we encourage you to adopt a like-minded approach to referrals so that we reach the broadest possible talent pool.
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!