The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor I to join our team. Successful applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus prior to start, unless an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Must be a current or former WIC participant or recruited and hired from the target population
- Must have exclusively breastfed an infant for the first 6 months of life, followed by continued breastfeeding with the addition of other foods
- Did not provide any formula bottles during the first six months of life
- Willing to work some required evening and weekend hours
- Must have personal vehicle, valid California driver’s license and current registration as well as proof of current auto insurance.
- Knowledge of breastfeeding, including common problems and their solutions
- Familiarity with the cultural beliefs and misconceptions common to the community served, which is predominantly Latina and African American
- Specialized training in breastfeeding and counseling techniques are provided.
Description of Duties:
- Provides individual (in person, by video conferencing calls, and by telephone), and group breastfeeding education and support to WIC participants enrolled in the Loving Support Program during pregnancy and through six months postpartum.
- Manages a caseload and documents interactions electronically in the Loving Support Peer Counselor Database and in the WIC WISE Database.
- Provides breastfeeding support to non-Loving Support Program participants on a limited and as needed basis.
- Provides breastfeedig support to co-workers as needed,sharing brestfeeding information at staff meetings,and co-organizing annual breastfeeding awarness activities in the site and/or community.
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer