The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Part-time Medical Assistant to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Medical Assistant Certification and Basic Life Support CPR Certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Entry level medical assistant externship experience
- Phlebotomy experience
- Knowledge of front and back office duties and ability to perform customer service, answering phones, preparing, retrieving, copying, and filing charts, records, and other documents.
- Knowledge and ability to perform basic medical assisting tasks such as vital signs, height, weight, ECGs, specimen collection, processing, and handling, centrifugation, and other clinic and laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to coordinate and schedule appointments, and maintain accurate census records.
- Knowledge and ability to assist physicians and nurses to set-up and assist with bedside other protocol procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to provide basic care and contribute to patient comfort and wellbeing such as anticipating needs, responding to patient requests, reporting any abnormalities to the charge nurse, and other measures under the direction of a licensed nurse or physician.
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitary environment by disinfecting exam rooms and patient care areas, cleaning up minor spills, changing linens, washing and sterilizing clinic and laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Check and maintain logs for centrifuge, freezer and refrigerator temperatures and other equipment.
- Ability to maintain neat and accurate records in computerized systems and on paper.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior and positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
Description of Duties
- Greet clients, answer multiple phone lines, check-in participants, prepare client charts, and coordinate with charge nurse on daily assignments.
- Perform phlebotomy, electrocardiogram, POCTs, and other clinic procedures in a skillful and safe manner.
- Obtain height, weight, vital signs, specimen collection, intake and output, and other tasks.
- Collect, handle, process, deliver, distribute, and ship blood, urine, tissue, and other bodily fluids/samples for research projects.
- Coordinate, register, and schedule appointments; enter and maintain accurate census records.
- Retrieve, copy, file, and maintain charts and records in an orderly manner.
- Prepare set-ups and generate laboratory labels for visits. Assist physicians and nurses with protocol procedures.
- Clean, disinfect, perform quality control and maintain logs for centrifuge, freezers, refrigerators, and other clinic equipment.
- Order, maintain, and restock laboratory and clinic supplies
- Assist Supervisor and Manager with other projects as needed