Two positions available: one 100% 40hr position and one 80% 32hr position
Options for Recovery Women’s Perinatal Outpatient Substance Use Disorder program is seeking two dynamic Substance Use Disorder Counselors/Case Managers to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis by providing individual, group counseling, crisis intervention, and case management services. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have experience in working with pregnant and parenting women.
Options for Recovery has provided steadfast commitment and exceptional recovery-focused, quality care to women for the past 30 years. Our staff are experts in the field of behavioral health care, providing leading-edge substance use treatment for women and their children. Options for Recovery offers competitive salaries and benefits, comprehensive job training, a supportive learning environment, ongoing education in the use of evidence-based practices and the opportunity to further develop and improve clinical skills.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Behavioral Sciences, Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or SUD counseling certificate may be accepted in lieu of degree depending on experience
- Registered and/or certified as a SUD counselor with a California certificate agency such as CAADE, CCAPP, or CADTP
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience providing counseling and/or case management services to women in the Substance Use Disorder field highly desirable.
- Possess an understanding of the nature of the disease concept and its respective recovery processes;
- Must demonstrate knowledge to develop, implement, and direct treatment plans that encourage problem-solving skills and promote growth for clients.
Description of Duties
- Counselor/ Case Manager will conduct assessments and develop mutually agreed upon treatment plans with measurable treatment goals and objectives for all assigned clients. Assessments include ASAM, Bio-Pyscho-Social and additional assessments as needed.
- Counselor/ Case Manager will conduct therapeutic groups, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Process Groups, Drug and Alcohol Educational Groups, Life Skills Groups and provide general supervision of all clients ;
- Assist with drug testing procedures
- Counselor/ Case Manager will perform individual one-on-one sessions at least 2-3 per week for all assigned clients;
- Attend and participate in supervision sessions, clinical meetings and training courses as required.
- Develop and complete client treatment plans, letters, and other correspondences that provide advocacy for clients.
- Research and assist clients with all case management needs including but not limited to( applying for medi-cal, locating medical providers, support with family and legal issues, attaining housing)
- Provide supportive care to women as they transition from the various levels of care.
- The ability to multi-task and complete all EHR and File documentation and charting by the designated deadlines with minimal errors.
- Complies with productivity standards of the Agency and maintains an appropriate caseload to reach the budgeted daily expectation of billable hours.
- The desire to become familiar with all operational policies and procedures of Options for Recovery and contractual agreements with Los Angeles County Substance Abuse Prevention and Control.
- The ability to provide clinical consultation and referral resources to family members, and others to help support clients in their recovery.
- Collaborates with members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the delivery of a full spectrum of clinical services.
- The ability to collaborate with and build trusting relationships with clients, other professionals involved with clients treatment and family in order to help clients achieve long-term success.