NexPoint is a leading alternative investment advisor. NexPoint manages a suite of products that provide access to differentiated investment opportunities. The NexPoint product suite covers a range of vehicles, including listed REITs, real estate private placements, 1031 exchanges, closed-end funds, a business development company (BDC), and interval funds. NexPoint is part of a multibillion-dollar investment platform that serves both retail and institutional investors worldwide. While NexPoint’s focus areas include real estate and alternative credit strategies, its products draw on expertise and capabilities from across the platform, which spans a range of asset classes and investment strategies. For more information visit www.nexpointadvisors.com.
NexPoint Securities is hiring an entrepreneurially minded Internal Wholesaler to build new and deepen existing financial advisor relationships across the territories. The candidate would work with financial professionals across Wirehouse, Independent Broker/Dealer, and RIA channels to sell mutual funds and other registered products where Highland’s funds are embedded. The job requires the ability to establish credibility and build rapport with financial advisors. As a spokesperson of the firm, the goal is to promote the NexPoint's family of funds and increase assets under management.
- Establish new relationships and foster existing relationships with financial advisors, through proactive telephone calls, emails, arranging meetings, and conducting sales presentations
- Perform consistent follow-up with advisors to advance sales process and deepen relationships
- Construct custom portfolio and mutual fund analyses for financial advisors using Zephyr and Morningstar
- Meet client expectations to increase the quantity and quality of effective partnerships
- Partner with Regional Sales Directors by bringing entrepreneurial and innovative ideas to the table on territory management
- Provide best in class resources to financial advisors in positioning and promoting Highland investment strategies
- Participate in cross-departmental projects to gain better understanding of the overall mission of Highland and our unique alternative investment solutions
- Participate in industry renowned training programs to enhance communication and sales skills
- Establish credibility and build rapport with clients
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to put innovative ideas into action
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a concise objective
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Superior ability to convey complex financial data into a concise message
- 1-3+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Marketing, Communications and/or related field
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Must hold Series 7 & 63
- Full product and industry training will be offered
- Ability and willingness to work 50 hours or more per week
- Ability to travel on a limited basis as needed
- A high level of professionalism and diligence
- Detail and task-oriented
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Interest in capital markets and alternative non-traded products is a plus, but not required
- Must be a "self-starter" and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Desire to transition to an external sales role or higher position within the firm after proven demonstration of success
Compensation & Benefits:
NexPoint offers a competitive base salary and bonus based on experience and performance. NexPoint offers a generous benefits package that includes an industry leading health insurance plan with no employee premiums or deductibles and a 401(k) plan with employer match. NexPoint’s talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to teamwork, and pride based on the firm’s track record in the alternative investment industry. NexPoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.