Spectra Tech, Inc. has a great opportunity for Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineers in Lynchburg, VA.
Job Summary: Roles and Responsibilities :
- Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs) when qualified
- Performs peer review of NCSEs, NCSDs, and NCS Calculation documents
- Performs maintenance/supports NCS operability or engineering evaluations when necessary
- Prepares disposition of problem reports
- Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures
- Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems
- Prepares forecasts of quality take-offs and change orders
- Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies
- Performs research to analyze and validate design or theory concepts
- Responsible for technical ownership of assigned NCS projects
- Subject matter expert for assigned NCS projects
- Responsible for training preparation and facilitation
- Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy
- Prepares NCS health, recovery and improvement plans
- Prepares preliminary and final specifications and designs
- Lead role for projects as assigned
- Partners with senior NCS Engineers in completing assigned engineering task and job functions
- Ensures compliance with DOE regulations and standards
- Interfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile technical information required for document preparation
- Interfaces with other groups inside and outside the organization and management
- Serves as a resource for lower level positions
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
- Performs a variety of tasks complex in nature
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- Expert understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices.
- Expert knowledge of applicable codes and standards, as well as project procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a security clearance, Q
Educational Requirements: Minimum: BS in nuclear engineering
Experience Level: 5+ years of experience