Location: The preferred location is Austin, TX or Reno, NV (however, remote work might be considered for exceptional candidates).
Cerity is committed to continually strengthening our use of data and analytics to drive optimal business decisions and outcomes. Working directly with the leaders of Finance, Underwriting, and Marketing, the Business Intelligence Analyst will lead the analytic efforts on marketing and underwriting data. Your analyses will help define KPI’s and visualizations that will enable data driven decisions from executive leadership. In this role, you should have experience using common business intelligence tooling and be well versed at working with large datasets. You should be an excellent communicator and prepared to collaborate with business representatives from all areas of the organization. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence pipeline and lead the efforts for creating definitive dashboards and visualizations.
- Develop fundamental understanding of core business processes and decisions and looks for opportunities to use analytics to make improvements in decision-making that creates value
- Design end-to-end analytics solutions (identify relevant data, assure data is accessible and of sufficient quality, develop innovative means of viewing and analyzing data).
- Support moderately complex projects/products and drives less complicated projects from ideation to delivery in an Agile manner with an emphasis on measurable, value added deliverables
- Gather business requirements and translate into technical requirements
- Collaborates with other members of the data and analytics team to design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Work closely with data architect, engineers, and business units to ensure uniformity, accessibility and usability of data.
- Work closely with parent company Analytics Professionals and Data Engineers to ensure Cerity KPIs are in line with our parent company
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in a corporate business intelligence analyst role
- Can bring together marcomm data (GA) with customer conversion - creating a holistic view of the customer journey
- Proficient with: business intelligence tools. (Domo, Tableau, Alteryx, Cognos)
- In-depth understanding of database warehouses (SnowFlake), online analytical
- processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Proficient with writing advanced SQL.
- Advanced analytical thinking skills; perform analysis on large datasets
- Moderate proficiency with statistical analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Customer service oriented; good collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Superior time management skills, able to multi-task and focus on multiple priorities
Preferred, but not required:
- Insurance industry experience
- Experience with Python and/or R
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some mobility is required
- May work early, late, or occasional weekend hours to accommodate business needs
- Occasional lifting of a maximum of 30lbs.
- Minimal travel to other office locations/meeting locations occasionally necessary
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions