The Customer Service Center Specialist I provide support to range of EMPLOYERS’ customers, both internal and external, via inbound/outbound calls and e-mails. The Customer Service Center Specialist I is motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to the organizations success by resolving any emerging issues a customer might face with accuracy and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience while answering calls from 2 workgroups. Provide information, answer questions and offer or facilitate resolution to customer inquiries
- Provide accurate information to customers of assigned groups in accordance with company policy and department guidelines
- Complete detailed Claim intake to generate the Claim and assign to appropriate Adjuster location
- Defuse situations through research, customer education and exploring alternative solutions
- Demonstrate listening skills while exhibiting good customer service, persistence and respect to promote ease of doing business with EMPLOYERS and a reputation of integrity
Process and Procedure:
- Document details of interactions in a consistently, timely and accurately
- Act in accordance with policies, procedures, statutes and state laws, as applicable
- Process requests for forms and applications
- Route calls when necessary to appropriate resource
- Assist clients with registering and navigating EMPLOYERS online systems
- Follow up on customer calls as needed
Functional and Technical:
- Display basic knowledge and competency in assigned workgroup(s)
- Meet performance and quality standards
- Recognize and alert management of trends in customer calls.
- Utilize internal and external resources to improve knowledge and skill base
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adjust priorities appropriately in a fast paced environment
- Ability to conduct business efficiently and effectively over the telephone utilizing proper phone etiquette
- Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly in English
- Associate degree or a combination of education and experience preferred
- One year experience in a call center environment
- Experience working with personal performance statistics and department metrics
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Possess basic PC skills including Outlook, Word, Excel spreadsheets and Internet use
- Typing speed of at least 50 words per minute
- Demonstrate attention to detail with timeliness and accuracy
- Maintain high standards, measures despite pressing deadlines and added responsibilities
Preferred, But Not Required:
- Experience with cloud based Call Center ACD/CRM software preferred
- Relevant product knowledge (Insurance or Workers’ Compensation)
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
- Associates Degree preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment; this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some mobility is required
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources, and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations
- May work early or late on occasion to accommodate business needs
- Occasional lifting of a maximum of 30lbs
- Minimal travel to other office locations /meeting locations occasionally necessary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements to products and services.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based upon the mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement, most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is effective at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers.
Accountability – Willingly justifies activities or decisions. Takes responsibility for actions and outcomes and holds others answerable for their performance. Drives ownership through commitment to results not just effort.
Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Patience – Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgements and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established processes.
Dealing with Ambiguity – Effectively manages change; can shift gears comfortably; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.