Under general direction, IT Engineers apply the theories and principals of computer science, mathematical analysis, and system analysis to analyze, design, test, deploy, evaluate, modify and maintain software applications and computer systems in a multi-platform environment. They are responsible for testing, developing, configuring, installing and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking systems to meet the needs of the business. They are required to identify and define problems, conduct research, analyze and propose solutions and make decisions to ensure the efficient function and uninterrupted operation of the computer systems; maintain a wide variety of installed software; plan for short- and long-range software or hardware requirements and implement new software or hardware. They may specialize in one area such as Applications, Data, Infrastructure, or Operations.
• Analyze end-user needs and business requirements and design, test, and develop lower complexity solutions to satisfy demand
• Install, configure and administer technologies
• Create process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation
• Develop technical workflows using different modeling techniques
• Ensure that design and implementation will meet security and QA standards, as well as, ensure solutions are scalable and repeatable.
• Analyze reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements
• Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for applications, data, networks and operating systems.
• Automate operations where applicable
• Disseminate knowledge of best practices
Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
Number of Years’ Experience