Areté, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. We have an immediate opening for a full-time IT Systems Administrator to work in our Chantilly, VA facility. The candidate will report directly to the regional IT Manager and provide support for the day-to-day administrative operations of the IT department. Selected candidates will have and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. The selected candidates will collaborate with other Cyber Security and IT staff members, travel occasionally, and provide some afterhours support. Candidates will also support a variety of information systems at varying levels of complexity on the classified and corporate networks. This is an exempt non-supervisory full-time position.
- Perform Microsoft Windows Server administration in an Active Directory environment;
- Provide administration and maintenance of end users’ computers and associated systems in various LAN/WAN environments;
- Contribute to computer and network security using a variety of security-based software products and hardware appliances;
- Provide some corporate networking and infrastructure support;
- Manage data backup and restoration systems for the local facility;
- Administer AWS environments;
- Build and deploy systems with hardened operating systems;
- Maintain software licensing records and provide support to IT budget planning sessions;
- Mentor other IT staff;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Active Top Secret security clearance;
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related discipline and/or current, applicable industry-standard certifications (MCSA, CCNA, Security+, RHCSA);
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Windows System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role;
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security+CE or equivalent certification for DoD 8140/8570 IAT Level II or higher within 90 days of employment;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server (primarily 2012 R2/2016/2019) including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, and DHCP;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and on a team;
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to document/diagram IT systems and procedures;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on an frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Administrative level knowledge of Linux;
- Experience with classified information system Cyber Security tools and technologies (Nessus/ACAS, WSUS, SCAP), collaboration with Cyber Security professionals, contributing to System Security Plans, drafting network diagrams and topologies;
- Proficient understanding of networking and infrastructure devices, protocols, and services, and virtual private networking configuration & management;
- IT project management experience;
- Experience with corporate integration of mobile devices;
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Microsoft Exchange, Server Virtualization (Hyper-V) in a clustered environment, SharePoint, Teams and/or Veeam, AWS or Azure;
- Mentoring abilities and/or leadership skills within an Information Technology organization.
Areté offers an excellent compensation and a full benefits package. U.S. citizenship, background screen and drug test are required to meet position eligibility. Submit your resume on-line at: http://www.arete.com
In compliance with Presidential Executive Order 14042, effective November 22, 2021, Areté requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated before their start date.
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.