Areté conducts research, development and operational capability development across the technology spectrum for a wide range of national security and commercial customers. Areté applies hard science to hard problems to develop innovative solutions. We execute cutting edge analysis in sensors, lasers, and modeling. We also conduct field tests of our products and manufacture a variety of components. An employee-owned company, Areté offers an exciting and challenging work environment with highly competitive compensation levels, a full benefits package and significant advancement opportunities.
Our corporate office is seeking a two full-time IT Systems Systems Administrator to work in our Northridge, CA facility. The candidate will collaborate with other system administrators, travel occasionally, and provide some afterhours support. The candidate will also support a variety of IT systems at varying levels of complexity on the classified and corporate networks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform Microsoft Windows Server administration in an Active Directory environment;
- Provide administration and maintenance of end users’ computers and associated systems in various LAN/WAN environments;
- Contribute to computer and network security using a variety of security-based software products and hardware appliances;
- Provide some corporate networking and infrastructure device(s) support;
- Manage data backup and restoration systems for the local facility;
- Administer PBX and/or VoIP phone systems;
- Maintain software licensing records and provide support to IT budget planning sessions;
- Mentor other IT staff;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Obtain and Maintain Active Top Secret security clearance;
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related discipline and/or current, applicable industry-standard certifications (MCSA, CCNA, Security+, Linux+);
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Windows System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role;
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security+CE or equivalent certification for DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher within 90 days of employment;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server (primarily 2012 R2/2016/2019) including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, and DHCP;
- Proficient understanding of computer hardware configuration, software, and operating systems (primarily Windows 7);
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and on a team;
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to document/diagram IT systems and procedures;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on an frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Administrative level knowledge of Linux;
- Experience with classified information system Cyber Security tools and technologies (Nessus/ACAS, WSUS, SCAP), collaboration with Cyber Security professionals, contributing to System Security Plans, drafting network diagrams and topologies;
- Proficient understanding of networking and infrastructure devices, protocols, and services, and virtual private networking configuration & management;
- IT project management and budgeting experience;
- Experience with corporate integration of mobile devices;
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Microsoft Exchange 2010+, Server Virtualization (Hyper-V) in a clustered environment with a SAN, Sharepoint 2013+, and/or Lync 2013/Skype for Business Server;
- Mentoring abilities and/or leadership skills within an Information Technology organization.
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Associates Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.