Areté, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. Our Tucson, AZ office has an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. This is an exempt non-supervisory full-time position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality engineering across multiple programs and will interact often with the Production team, Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) leads, and Program Manager (PM).
- Complete quality inspections on product throughout the manufacturing process;
- Thoroughly document nonconformance’s within the FRACAS database;
- Communicate issues and action plans with the Manufacturing Review Board (MRB) team;
- Actively participate in the Technical Review Board (TRB) to carefully examine drawings and procedures for clarify and to identify any deficiencies between specifications;
- Develop and report quality metrics to assist with program efficiency;
- Track nonconformance trends;
- Identify potential program risks;
- Track the effectiveness of continuous improvement efforts;
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree required, degrees in engineering discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years quality engineering, or technically related, experience required.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and concepts preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO9000 or AS9100 production facility preferred.
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and experience with quality tools, such as CAPA lean manufacturing, FMEA, problem solving techniques, and root cause analysis.
- Ability to analyze specifications, drawings, procedures and schematics.
- Knowledge of inspection and qualification test techniques on hardware to include investigating hardware and software deficiencies, troubleshooting anomalies, and analyzing system results Ability to evaluate manufacturing procedures to ensure compliance to associated drawings and specifications.
- Ability to apply logical, scientific or analytical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the customer and/or management.
- Effective ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both written and verbally
Areté offers an excellent compensation and a full benefits package. U.S. citizenship, background screen and drug test are required to meet position eligibility. Submit your resume on-line at: http://www.arete.com.
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.