At Transparent Language, we treat language learning as more than just a casual pursuit. For our customers, success is not optional. Students must reach a specified level of proficiency in a set amount of time. We make this exciting challenge our mission: enable faster training of language with more reliable outcomes. A key part of this mission is the development of curriculum that meets the requirements of professional language training programs.
Transparent Language is currently seeking to add full-time Editor/Copyright Permissions Editor to our Curriculum Development Team to support a project with one of our U.S. Government customers. If you are looking for a challenging project, Transparent Language would like to hear from you.
Transparent Language has recently established a curriculum development team and is looking to fill several Editor/Copyright Permissions Editor positions to fulfill a curriculum project for one of our U.S. government customers. As a Editor/Copyright Permissions Editor, you will provide support to other team members in the organization and creation of project-relevant content.
Editorial Responsibilities 75%
- Proofreads and edits for accuracy and consistency in English for a large-scale curriculum project
- Copyedits for typos, punctuation, and grammar mistakes in English across various curricular materials including but not limited to lessons, instructor manuals, PowerPoint presentations, etc. before delivering to client
- Establishes official style guide (as informed by client) including but not limited to templates, examples, writing and editing checklists, and any other editorial materials (e.g., reference guides) necessary to ensure implementation of style guide across curriculum
- Assists/works with English Editors to ensure project deliverables are consistently formatted and styled as directed
- Meets with and supports Curriculum Development Mangers in the editorial phase of curricular materials
Copyright Permissions Editor Responsibilities 25%
- Ensures copyright information for specified sources is correct
- Collects copyright permissions from publishers
- Obtains reprint permissions when required including writing copyright request letters in target language with assistance of Team Lead
- Maintains updated copyright permissions tracking status spreadsheet (tracking attempts at contact, date permission received, etc.)
- 3-5 years of professional editing/proofreading/publishing experience editing foreign language teaching and educational materials in English or closely-related experience
- PC skills with excellent knowledge of MS Office and Teams a must
- File management skills a must
- Familiarity with Smartsheet or similar project management tools a plus
- Experience obtaining copyrights for copyrighted materials (or similar experience)
- Experience communicating with non-native speakers of English/Target Language Experts with record of success in understanding intended meaning and nuance
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be flexible