The Buyer/Expeditor is responsible for Purchasing, expediting and monitoring the status of commodity construction materials and supplies for assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review commodity Bills of Material with Sr. Purchasing Agent or Division Manager to determine buy-out items vs field order material.
- Obtain quotes for buy-out items and evaluate based on price, delivery, terms, and vendor past performance.Review with supervision and select successful vendor.
- Negotiate terms and conditions, and issue purchase order.Issue change orders as required in accordance with revised BOM’s.
- Receive field orders and purchase or release material from pre-negotiated blanket purchase orders.Expedite and ensure timely delivery and back order follow-up to maintain optimum field production.
- Track and maintain log of released material, quantities, and price against BOM and budget.
- Handle return material to ensure proper and timely credit to the project.
- Review and approve invoices.Interface with vendor and A/P to resolve invoice problems.
- Perform additional duties as directed by Senior Purchasing Agent or Division Manager.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years in purchasing or related field in the electrical contracting industry.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic understanding of purchasing techniques, procedures and policies required.
- Working knowledge of electrical construction material.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.