The Corporate Tax Manager is responsible for the oversight of the tax responsibilities for the Company. This includes all income taxes, franchise taxes, sales and use tax returns, corporate annual report filings, business license returns, property taxes, VAT taxes (if any) and any other tax filings for Rosendin Holdings, Inc. and its related entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all internally filed tax returns, working with third party filers to ensure timely filings and payments.
- Manage any tax audits.
- Manage related internal general ledger accounts for accuracy, overseeing the Tax Department and reporting to senior Finance management any risk or significant events related to taxes.
- Hands-on tax return preparation work.
- Review sales and use tax returns for all applicable states for each corporate entity.
- Prepare and review supporting documents needed to file property tax returns in all jurisdictions.
- Prepare and review supporting documents needed for franchise and income tax returns in all jurisdictions.
- Ensure timely filings for local city business licenses.
- Work with taxing authorities to manage and reduce liability in tax audits.
- Pursue tax appeals, working with third party tax experts if necessary, to minimize adverse findings.
- Maintain resale and exemption certificate document retention process for issued and received certificates.
- Ensure business and tax compliance in all states that we operate by reviewing new tax laws.
- Work with any third-party tax firms and provide them with information required for preparation of tax returns.
- Assist other corporate personnel with tax-related matters and provide supporting data and information to other departments as needed.
- Help design and/or improve controls around current tax processes.
- Manage tax related general ledger accounts and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure accurate costing of tax expenses to projects or overhead accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Educate interested Company personnel (operations, payables, purchasing) in pertinent tax laws in order to increase compliance with tax laws.
- Coordinate with legal and corporate resources to ensure proper jurisdictional registration.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in tax management preferably with engineering and construction firm
- Prior experience with Oracle recommended
- Construction and multistate background highly desired
- Can be a c ombination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Data gathering and analytics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work closely with operations and other departments in finance as required
- Build and maintain solid work relationships with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Noise level is usually low to medium.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.