Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing HR administrative and people management support which includes coordination of benefits administration, leaves of absences, personnel records and files, database management, and other general human resources functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Main point of contact for employee and human resources information and assistance.
- Handles confidential information in a professional manner, respecting employee privacy while maintaining company confidentiality. Interacts with various levels of management, vendors, employees, and employee dependents.
- Maintains internal HRIS system and other E-service systems by entering any employee change information (new hires, changes, terminations, promotions, transfers, etc.) and updates changes to the employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll, benefit carriers and other internal/external areas.
- Responsible for processing employment and background checks and E-Verify.
- Explains and answers inquiries on all employee benefit and company HR policy questions. Assists in solving HR related issues.
- Assist in the Investigation of complaints brought forward by employees.
- Perform new hire orientation, as needed. Ensures new employees have returned required paperwork in a timely manner that is completed correctly and in entirety.
- Assists in the local college recruitment program initiatives from coordinating events to attending events as a Company representative.
- Assists with the coordination of special projects and events, including benefits open enrollment, recognition events, performance appraisals, training, company events, etc.
- Maintains employee personnel files in line with company policies and government regulations. Retains records in line with company record retention requirements. Considerable filing, faxing, copying, distribution of materials, etc.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related discipline. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources
- PHR a plus
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations and HR best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- High level of discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential personnel matters and documentation
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle and SharePoint – Preferred
- Ability to reconcile and provide benefit guidance
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.