Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for company-wide prequalification and proposal assignments, from concept through development and final presentation. The Business Development Coordinator provides support to preconstruction teams as the lead resource regarding specific business development pursuits, and company information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Business Development Coordinator leads the proposal coordination effort, participates in proposal delivery strategy; conducts proposal launch meetings; leads Business Development/Preconstruction Managers through the development; finds creative ways to enhance the proposal message; researches/writes qualifications and non-technical proposal components; plans and executes proposal creation, assembly, and delivery; and ensures the quality of each submittal is based on company standards and policies.
- To serve as a consultant to Business Development/ Preconstruction Managers throughout the shortlist interview process, coordinating activities surrounding interview preparation.
- Provide oversight for completion of company prequalification applications to ensure quality and compliance with company standards.
- In addition to proposal responsibilities, the Business Development Coordinator may travel among offices to assist in proposal/prequalification activities, training, and may participate and/or coordinate special events.
- This position may assist in the management and maintenance of the configuration, and support of the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Other duties include training and assisting department administrative staff, monthly preparation of department meetings, participating and reporting on executive meetings, coordinating department events, and assisting other departments as needed.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Construction/Architectural/ Engineering firm is highly preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in using a computer, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), and Adobe Creative Cloud programs; Oracle experience is also preferred
- Candidates will be able to organize and coordinate a heavy workload of overlapping priorities and deadlines
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, solid organizational skills, an aggressive approach to problem-solving, a commitment to customer service, and the ability to work professionally and reliably under stress
- Ability to write, incorporate and edit text from various sources and organize it into a cohesive document.They must be comfortable working in collaboration with a team of company personnel, Executives and Officers; continuously adjusting responsibilities based on input from others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Flexible working hours/schedule based on work load
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.