Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Field Engineer is responsible for providing onsite project technical engineering support, consultation, information and assistance to the internal PE and Operation project team. The Field Engineer will work under the supervision of the Engineering Team Lead. Work will be completed in concert with the stated project requirements, and all current Codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Review, comment and process equipment and system submittals.
- Perform coordination between engineering teams and engineering subs.
- Manage 3rd party engineering firms as they complete permit and construction drawings. Review drawing sets for quality and conformance to Centrica standards
- Offer Engineering support to the project team.
- Backcheck of own work for accuracy before passing on to others.
- Work through RFI’s with engineering and project team.
- Visit onsite conditions and provide technical coordination/assistance
- On site support to assist with field observations, design interpretations and design updates.
- Utilize engineering programs and professional judgement under the supervision of senior engineer.
- Conduct value engineering functions
- Assist Operations team with field-specific issues
- Attend project team meetings. Interface with various team members.
- Work closely with Rosendin Operations Project Manager and Superintendent to solve issues that arise during construction.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Review plans and technical specifications under supervision of senior engineer.
- Help keep latest engineering files organized within the Management project folder.
- Maintain knowledge of data monitoring systems including setup of new sites and basic troubleshooting
- Provide technical training and support to Project Managers
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred) or in construction related field.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience with Commercial and Industrial PV projects
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Documents and archives work pursuant the REI standard
- Knowledge of Electrical Code, PV-related sections.
- Experience with medium voltage system design highly desirable
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.