The Business Development Manager is responsible for marketing activities including planning and strategy for a specifically assigned market segment or region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and manage research to identify and prioritize potential customers and projects.
- Prepare and execute business development action plans for specific target markets and projects as identified in the Marketing Plan.
- Supervise the development of brochure materials as directed by operation managers.
- Train and assist project personnel, committed in proposals, to make effective presentations.
- Meet customer's needs prior to contract execution. Provide advice, liaison, and planning to prospective and current customers.
- Assist with and coordinate estimating and/or budgeting activities with sales process and final close of sale. Provide budgeting assistance to customers as required.
- Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Plan, prepare, and host exhibit booths.
- Manage creation of local marketing materials and advertising.
- Attend professional societies and become involved.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in construction estimating, supervision, and/or project management
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Must possess excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, with ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.