Are you a self motivated driven individual? We are looking for a Steller QA person to join our Quality team at Rosendin!
Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Quality Assurance & Commissioning Site Manager is responsible for executing and managing the project quality and commissioning plan and team to ensure its success from the beginning to the end of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development of the project specific quality and commissioning plan.
- Lead the implementation and management of the project quality and commissioning plan and team to ensure adherence throughout the project duration
- Support Project Management with all quality and commissioning related documentation and final quality documentation turnover package.
- Support Project and Field Management with scheduling quality, vendor, and commissioning activities and durations to meet project milestones.
- Review project equipment and material specifications, BOM’s, submittals, for accuracy and consistency with project scope and design requirements. Ensure only approved equipment and materials are installed.
- Complete and provide all required receiving and installation inspection checklists and testing documentation as outlined in the quality and commissioning plan to validate the installations meet the project requirements
- Coordinate all inspection requests and walk with the AHJ/GC/Owner to ensure that all required inspections are complete, approved, and documented.
- Assist in creating site specific equipment startup documentation; MOP’s, SBS’s, etc.
- Assist with the coordination and supervision of the testing and start-up activities.
- Review and analyze project quality data and metrics to understand trends and provide solutions for project improvement.
- Communicate and provide QA/Cx program feedback and project lessons to the QA/Cx Regional Manager
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not all encompassing and other duties may be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit and specific project requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years as Licensed Journeyman Electrician with General Foreman and Foreman experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing quality and commissioning activities in the electrical industry
- OSHA & NFPA 70E training preferred
- Can be a c ombination of education, training, and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Proficient in using BIM 360 and PlanGrid preferred
- Strong organizational, record keeping, and follow-up skills.
- Analytical, decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage and mentor others
- Ability to set expectations and measure completion
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Up to 100% depending on project needs
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.