The Corporate Counsel/Risk Manager is responsible for providing legal counsel and risk management services for the company. This position will advise and represent the company in legal matters and transactions to ensure compliance with legal requirements. #RosendinHire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Identify and creatively address potential legal issues and drive the company’s overall strategic plan.
- Prepare and negotiate design and construction agreements, as well as other legal documents such as confidentiality agreements, leases, joint venture/teaming agreements, supply/procurement contracts and IP/license agreements.
- Provide counseling on complex risk management, dispute resolution and project management issues.
- Resolve issues that arise during the development of a project.
- Work with litigation team to effectively manage disputes – negotiate to resolution
- Prepare and conduct training sessions on legal/risk management matters.
- Assist in corporate transactional matters – i.e., stock programs, acquisitions, etc.
- Assist in business decision-making such as evaluating new opportunities, budgeting and hiring practices.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- JD with admission to state bar
- Minimum 3 years of firm or in-house experience
- Litigation and transactional experience preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant experience
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Federal contracting, union/labor relations and corporate compliance/governance a plus
- Able to communicate positively, effectively and efficiently with members of internal teams and outside clients
- Able to multi-task with excellent analytical and legal skills
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with the business to create solutions
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.