The Safety Coordinator will work a swing shift (12:00am to 8:am) The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the administration of the job site safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct regular walk thorough inspections of construction areas
- Assist in identifying, documenting and recommending mitigation of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions; follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
- Assist with investigating incidents, injuries and property damage; including compiling data, taking photographs and completing proper documentation
- Assist with compiling data, photographs, etc.; prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents.
- Issue various permits (i.e. Hot Work, Confined Space, etc…) as required
- Assist in emergency rescues as required. Assist in maintaining fire protection and grounding systems.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis for specific tasks and focus on field hazard recognition/correction
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the needs of the site and safety/field management varying by location, within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30 Construction Certification
- CPR – First Aid Certification
- Minimum 1 year of safety construction experience.
- Can be a combination of training, education, and relevant work experience that is equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and an effective team player
0 – 10 %
- General work environment – sitting, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted in both indoor office settings, and outdoor constructions jobsite settings. Environmental conditions will vary
- Noise level varies based on location
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.