Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Solar Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of the design as it relates to civil engineering, specifically for renewables projects. He or She will interface with the preconstruction/estimating and project execution teams to ensure that the civil designs meet all applicable codes and standards and are satisfactory to Rosendin expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with preconstruction designer to develop site layouts
- Help define site constraints and define buildable area for solar PV array
- Assist with estimating to help approximate civil quantities for pricing exercises
- Solicit RFQ (request for quotes) to various civil engineering firms for potential projects and pursuits
- Develop civil engineering scope of work for pursuits
- Interface with appropriate project management and field supervision team to provide civil engineering input and knowledge for possible projects Rosendin is pursuing
- Vet out civil engineering firms
- Review (QA/QC) civil engineering drawing packages from contracted firms for solar PV projects
- Interface with project management team, field/operations team and other engineering disciplines to ensure all civil aspects of the design are met to Rosendin standards and consider constructability
- Attend project meetings (on-site as necessary or remotely)
- Provide alternative engineering methods related to civil engineering that may offer cost savings to the project
- Interface directly with civil engineering subcontractors to ensure the most cost effective and code compliant design is being considered and implemented
- Provide civil engineering construction support as the project progresses
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Master’s degree in Civil Engineer (Preferred)
- Solar civil engineering for utility-scale projects
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Proficient in Civil 3D
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work with other engineering disciplines (electrical, structural geotechnical, etc.)
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.