The Senior Project Accountant is the lead person to support Regional Operations project accounting. As an integral part of the Project team the Senior Project Accountant will provide financial support to the Region including, but not limited to, contract review, Billings, Work-in-Place Reporting, Subcontractor and General Condition payments, and Cash Reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure accuracy of accounting transactions for divisions and projects.
- Assist with preparing quarterly and annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Prepare budget variance analysis at project and overhead account level.
- Support team effort to prepare and post monthly progress billings.
- Ensure adherence to contractual billing requirements.
- Acts as a consultant and support for all Operations Personnel.
- Assignment may be in the main office or on a construction jobsite.
- Assist collections efforts and disseminate action items as needed to procure payment.
- Assist in preparation and review of project cost at completion estimates and change order logs.
- Review and approve proposed changes to budgets resulting from approved change orders or otherwise at Project Management discretion.
- Ensure Productivity Rate tracking spreadsheets are accurate, up to date and distributed weekly.
- Prepare cash position/project analysis.
- Periodically audit billings on projects to ensure all cost has been submitted for payment.
- Ensure subcontractor progress billings are posted in accounting software, facilitate workflow for approval.
- Assist operations to prepare monthly cost at completion estimates. Review accuracy of cost at completion estimates.
- Reconcile sales tax payments with amounts charged to general ledger accounts and specific projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Outside Rental Logs for all projects.
- Assist in the tracking and processing of vendor back charges
- Assist in project startup tasks and logistics including establishment of site infrastructure.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 3 years in a project accountant role
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Business Suite or other Enterprise level Finance package preferred
- Must be committed to working in a team atmosphere
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.